My introduction

xrayts

I've posted a couple of times, but realized I failed to introduce myself.
I'm from Southeast Missouri, in the bootheel. I take pride in hunting public land, primarily because I don't have any good private land to hunt. :D I walk farther and hunt harder to get things done in highly pressured public land. I prefer to hunt with a bow, but I'll throw some lead when needed. I hunt from the ground and try to get as close to the deer as possible. I think the price of camoflage is ridiculous! I pray for a perfect hit or clean miss before every shot. I think the smartest deer in the woods is the old doe, not the big buck. I call at deer entirely too much. The thermacell really does run off "skeeters". I believe you are wasting your time and money with carbon clothing because they can still smell that you had deer clilli the night before.
I found the show and site because I was griping to a friend that there should be a show where they hunt on public land, not ranches. He told me about OYOA and I ordered Outdoor Channel the next day. I am not disappointed!
I've already found some good info (and BS) on here and look forward to more.

Welcome Xray. Some big bucks were posted on the site earlier this season and they were MO public land bucks.

Get your pics and stories loaded. Guys want to read and see that stuff.

Welcome fellow Missourian, my family came from there in 1868. We're still trying to fit in here.:D Hope to see some pic's and stories, even if it would be about an old doe. Some of my greatest kills were them old gals. Once their on to you, it's trouble the rest of season, or their death.

Welcome aboard! Enjoyed your little intro. Good stuff. Look forward to some good tales... and some pics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back