Caribou Gear Tarp

My curiosity is killing me

Kjames

Watching some you tube on this rainy day in missouri, came across something odd. In episode S3 E2 Randy is hunting pronghorn in wyoming. At 7:21-7:28 in thosebreif seconds it looks as if a bird pops out the bucks but. What do you guys see? Or is this something that is normal?

Totally normal. Happens all the time. Pronghorn run so fast they often inadvertently swallow sparrows, larks and other small birds. They expel these birds via flatulence. Usually this is harmless for both parties. Can be problematic when involving sage grouse.

Mr. Long is feeding you a line. What is really going on is that fresh pronghorn poop is delicious. The birds love it so much that often they will work their way up inside to get it pre-defecation. If you ever make it out to Wyo for a pronghorn hunt you are in for a treat. I like mine with fava beans and a nice chianti.

Totally normal. Happens all the time. Pronghorn run so fast they often inadvertently swallow sparrows, larks and other small birds. They expel these birds via flatulence. Usually this is harmless for both parties. Can be problematic when involving sage grouse.

This post had me laughing so hard my eyes were watering. What a great use of words!

So I just watched the video and there is something weird going on that I didnt catch when I watched months ago.

It's the projectile exiting the buck's body. I happen to know that Randy often loads his 7mm-08 with 140 grain Nosler Meadow Larks (NML's if you're looking for load data).

Maybe the wind was exposing a bald spot on the buck's hair?

Seriously though, I think the buck has some matted or missing hair on its rump patch that looks weird when it flared its rump hairs. Pronghorn have very loose hairs and are always losing it by the handful skimming under fences and the like. Aside from the birds, that's my guess.

True story-
One cloudless October day a meadowlark is flying across the National Grasslands in Wyoming when he starts to feel the effects of the sun and decides to rest for a while. He looks around and can't find a single tree or bush capable of providing even a little shade, so he decides to seek shelter in the b-hole of an antelope buck. After he's been in there for about an hour he senses that the buck is starting to move around nervously and he decides to see what the problem is. He pokes his head out and asks the buck what's bothering him. The buck nods in the direction of two shadows in the distance and says the he thinks he see Randy and his cameraman sneaking through the sage, trying to get close enough for a shot. Not blessed with the 8X vision of an antelope the bird struggles to see the hunters and in doing so, realizes that the sun and heat are even more intense than they were just an hour ago. He then turns to the buck and asks, "You wouldn't be sh***ing me, would ya?"

True story-
One cloudless October day a meadowlark is flying across the National Grasslands in Wyoming when he starts to feel the effects of the sun and decides to rest for a while. He looks around and can't find a single tree or bush capable of providing even a little shade, so he decides to seek shelter in the b-hole of an antelope buck. After he's been in there for about an hour he senses that the buck is starting to move around nervously and he decides to see what the problem is. He pokes his head out and asks the buck what's bothering him. The buck nods in the direction of two shadows in the distance and says the he thinks he see Randy and his cameraman sneaking through the sage, trying to get close enough for a shot. Not blessed with the 8X vision of an antelope the bird struggles to see the hunters and in doing so, realizes that the sun and heat are even more intense than they were just an hour ago. He then turns to the buck and asks, "You wouldn't be sh***ing me, would ya?"

:cool:

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back