My copper bullet performance

@Aussie_hunter_JD yeah I find the discussion weird since oft it's not so much about bullet performance as much as some weird perceived political connotation.

Anyway, I have played around with a bunch of different bullets for my rifle, until recent I was shooting swift A-frames IMHO the best lead bullet on the market... with the major downside that they are a PIA to find in a 6.5 even online, they seem to be on perpetual back-ordered. Then a few guys on here got me thinking copper, saying it had similar performance and then posted a whole heap of evidence about lead dispersal into meat that convince me it was probably time to make the jump.

Currently I'm shooting 120 grain e-tips in a .264 win mag... 68 grains of retumbo, guessing 3200-3300fps. I'm very happy with the E-tips performance thus far.

1573839906324.png

1573839944942.png

1573840056307.png

I switched to copper over the summer and have found the Etips extremely accurate In my 7-08 and 308. So far 3 antelope and one whitetail and I couldn’t be happier. Very minimal meat damage even when bone has been hit.

I switched to copper over the summer and have found the Etips extremely accurate In my 7-08 and 308. So far 3 antelope and one whitetail and I couldn’t be happier. Very minimal meat damage even when bone has been hit.
Thats what i always hear as well, I've only shot a few deer with the coppers; 2 were pass through vital shots and a neck shot; the neck shot was not nearly as "explosive" as the old core-lokts used to be. In the thick brush country where we hunt, I'll probably start aiming high shoulder if there is no snow on the ground

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back