My clan is done.

Bwana

The missus hadn't gotten out turkey hunting this spring yet so this past Saturday was the day to get after it. Things went surprisingly well given we had the whole clan in tow and the kids did great. This is all old hat to the boys but something new for my daughter and she surprised us all how well she handled getting up at 4 am and hunting all day. Definitely a trooper and hopefully a future hunter as well.

Anyway, long story short after a couple of attempts that didn't work in our favor, the missus and the boys took off on their own while my daughter and I went on a hike and then waited in the pickup for the hunters to return. As you can see things worked out just fine and mom bagged her turkey without any assistance from me.

4594.jpg

My daughter took this picture while she and I were waiting in the pickup. This pair of longbeards circled all the way around the pickup at a distance of between 3 and 15 yards. Not sure why we make this hunting thing so hard? ;)

4595.jpg

Well, all our tags are filled now. Hopefully I can get a chance to get back out with some friends who aren't done yet as it sure is fun being out there this time of year.

Bwana,

I figured it wouldn't be long before you pics up of your wife's bird. What a great season your family has had so far! Well done on many levels; pics, mature birds and getting the entire family involved in the action.

I still have to fill my tag to punch and will be trying again next week!

By the way, no love from ND Game and Fish regarding the moose, elk and sheep draw. Unsuccessful across the board again! 23 years of applying and counting!

No love for me either Buschy but then again I have only been applying for 28 years.

Sure do love that spring turkey hunting and it has been a real blast with the kids too!

Good stuff Bwana!

Man, drawing turkey tags seems to have gotten easier in the homeland over the last couple of years. It took 3 years for me to draw my first tag. That's one of the trips I miss the most living out of state...

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fred Powell Sr
Back