My Bison will make B&C

Elkhunter

Well I had my taxidermist measure my buffalo today and here are the results. he did have a hard time with all the hair and will do another soring when he removes the hide from the scull which he thinks is going to raise the score some.

SCORING YOUR TROPHY
Bison

ON-LINE SCORING STEP TWO - Your Final Score
Thank you for using the Boone and Crockett Club's On-line Score Chart Calculator to measure your trophy!

FINAL RESULTS FOR YOUR TROPHYCategory Bison

Minimum Scores
Awards 115

All-time 115

Greatest Spread 31 inches

Total Deductions 3 1/8 inches

Final Score 117 4/8

Congratulations!

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bases were 17 4/8 for the right and 17 for the left [/font]

Tip to tip spread - 28 1/2

Greatest spread - 31

Length of rt horn - 15

Length of left horn - 16 1/4

Congrats man. was it a free roaming wild buffalo hunt? I have a buddy who drew the Henry mountain tag in Utah this year. He is pretty stoked. Good shit man.

Way to go Elkhunter, so now are you going to change your handle to Slayer of Big Bison? ;)

Just curious, are you doing a shoulder mount, a skull mount, or something else?

Man I am not suprised. that looks like a monster to me. My Uncle raises them mainly for meat in western kansas but he does run a couple hunts per year. He has about 66 head, and always has the locker plant to come out the day they are hunting with their refrigerated truck with winch to take care of them once they get them dead. Our local taxidermist even went on strike from stuffing them as they are just so tough to deal with on all levels. that is one heck of a fine trophy you got there.

ARCAT, had to laugh reading that- my taxidermy buddy says the same thing...takes C-clamps and a come-along just to get the hide over the form on those things LOL :D he just about refuses to work on them!

good buffalo story

my Uncle had a big old bull that got so mean he got afraid of him. it was spring and he could not get anyone to hunt him or buy him so he decided to slaughter him for meat. he got him in the corral but could not get anyone man enough to get in the alley and load him in the trailer. even the dog would not get in there with him. they finally used a front end loader to push him into the trailer. Then they got him to town to the locker plant and he would not unload for 3 days. Finally they backed the trailed into the kill floor and decided to shoot him in the trailer and drag his carcass out. First shot was a 30-06 in the head, which ricocheted off his skull, went through the top of the trailer, and shot the flourescent light out of the locker plant. They finally got him killed in the trailer and when he died, his right horn hooked the bar on the side of the trailer and caved in the side of the trailer, plus nearly ripped a horn out of his skull. thats the bull the taxidermist finally quit doing buffalo on.

Sorry to take over your thread you killed an awesome trophy, the right way, and definitely earned him in getting him out.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back