Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

My Bear Video

Layin_It_Down

Ok guys, here's the Teaser. I tried to keep this as short and sweet as I could, but still get the point across. Sorry it took so long, but I had computor problems. After I spent a couple hours doing a cut, my computor crashed and I lost it all. So this is a very summed up version. ENJOY!!

(This is the video of me and my wife's, Same day Montana bears)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDqA_gSI62U

Awesome bears man and sweet footage. Your wife's bear is a giant, looks like you have a great area to hunt them in.

Great bears and footage. Nice job! You guys definitely have a great place to hunt bears.

I finally got a chace to see the vidoe....nnnniiiiiicccceeee. That's what it is all about. Thanks for sharing.

Very cool footage. Looking foward to seeing that on a DVD.

Thanks for sharing.

The taxidermist squared her bear at just under 7 ft. I have a hard time believing that. Could the hide have shrunk in a few days after being skinned? Any ideas from the video, how big that thing is? I was wondering if I could get some older video and overlay me standing next to him. I'm over 6'3" with boots on. We were guessing anywhere in the 400-500 lb. range and standing at least 7 ft. +.

Keep in mind that your bear is squared by measuring nose to tail and paw to paw on the front, then divide that total by 2. Your right, when it stood up I'm sure it was over 7 but that isn't the determining factor for size. Who cares though anyway. You both shot whoppers for Montana. A 7 foot bear in Montana would be comperable to shooting a 380+ bull. You both did well.

Cool footage as well:)

Great video and bears for sure! You might check your taxi's tape and make sure there isn't about a foot or so missing out of the middle somewhere;) Weight is tough to judge in the field but a buddy of mine shot one the biggest bears I have seen in Montana last fall and it weighed in at 430 lbs and it squared 6' 11". I would be real suprised if that bear was over 400 lbs.

Regardless of what it tapes, weighs, bla bla bla..................all that really matters is it looks like you had fun and her excitement level is fantastic!

Great hunt and thanks for sharing.

When we headed out, neither of us were concerned about size. We always look forward to getting out in the hills and enjoying the scenery. We were both shocked to have me take one the first night. Let alone have Les smoke another monster the next day in the same area. I still can't believe we both shot big boars. Neither of us were concerned with squaring bears, but her brother took a big boar in Canada the same weekend and now they have a little competition going on. Sibling rivalry......... I'm used to my wife shooting bigger critters than me, but I'm not sure her brother is warming up to the idea so easily......lol....

Those are some great bears anywhere much less for Montana. The hunt sounds great too. The part that is especially heart-warming to me isn't the fact that you got it all on video, with your wife, and no snafus what-so-ever.. it's the fact that you got the one in the truck WHOLE. I have fantasies about stuff like that.

Greenhorn, You'll have to really change some hunting habits to get any animal whole in your truck. I can't see it happening. You like those long steep packouts.:D

Those are some great bears anywhere much less for Montana. The hunt sounds great too. The part that is especially heart-warming to me isn't the fact that you got it all on video, with your wife, and no snafus what-so-ever.. it's the fact that you got the one in the truck WHOLE. I have fantasies about stuff like that.

Tell me about it........after packing mine out, I told her she had to shoot one on the road. When we first saw her bear it was in a bad spot, to say the least. So we sat tight and wouldn't ya know it..........the thing ran right to us. I think I'll start being a little more patient come next bear season. Let them walk to me first.....ha ha ha.....

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back