Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

My African trip.

Ours is a 10 day 2 hunter package. All you pay is the animal fees. If you had to limit yourself to 4, which would they be?
Kudu, Blue Wildebeest, Warthog and Impala - just because those are most representative to me of Africa. I shot those and a waterbuck and Red Hartebeest. I would have taken a gemsbuck but we didn't see a good one. My PH called the Blue Wildebeest the "Poor Man's Buffalo," as they will tend to watch their back trail and attack if wounded, like a Cape Buffalo.

Ours is a 10 day 2 hunter package. All you pay is the animal fees. If you had to limit yourself to 4, which would they be?
I like the zebra a lot, If I had only 4 it would be impala, kudu, warthog and zebra. Classic African animals, if you see a sable you will definitely want one. I set a budget on what I was willing to spend on animals and only went a bit over, had to have a bushbuck, but set a budget look at the list and pick your animals. It will definitely change mine did, it can even change when you are there. Ten days is a lot for 4 animals according to the hunt i went on, I killed six animals in 4 days. Maybe the hunting will be different where you are going.

Yeah. We were thinking that if my brother and I were both going for four that would be 8 animals total which had the potential to fill that time frame but we'll probably try to have a bit extra saved up in case they have anything that could be culled with extraordinary trophy fees.

Looks like a great trip!

I've been to Africa 3 times. Go for as long as possible. It's really not that expensive on the grand scheme of life/time. $2-300 a day is nothing when it comes to memories. My next trip will be at least 3 weeks, probably 4 and I'm taking my kids. So much fun and so foreign. Amazing place for sure.

Congratulations 7mm08mo! You have made one big strategic mistake and error. You have now been bitten by the African safari bug.

The only known cure is repeated safari trips in return to the Dark Continent. I am also infected with the Safari bug. You are living life to the fullest. Enjoy…

Happy hunting, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

I will second what Bambistew wrote. We spent 10 days hunting, 2 days traveling between ranches and a week touring. Didn't regret a day of it. Spent three days at one of the National parks north of Durban. (Imfalosi)(my spelling) absolutely fantastic. No crowds, very few people and fantastic wildlife viewing. Worth it. Capetown was great as well.
Have a great hunt, good to go with an idea of what you want but keep an open mind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back