My 5yr old is going to be a spot-and-stalk killer!!

bigbulls

Drew a region Y tag this year and planned to rifle hunt it. After 2 scouting trips we found a basin that was loaded with bucks but was pretty accessible. So I bought the archery permit and made sure to make it down for opening day. I took my dad and my 5yr old son Corey. It was a hunt scripted for a 5yr old!! We got to our glossing spot and immediately started seeing deer. After about an hour one of the groups of bucks we had seen while scouting started to feed out below us. Corey and I worked our way down to cut them off and waited patiently for them to feed by. Within minutes the first buck popped out. I saw the biggest of the 3 bucks coming through and made a perfect quartering away shot when he came into the shooting lane. The buck only went 150 yards. The best part was that Corey was the one that found him!!!

I really didn't expect to have an opportunity while bow hunting with him, but I was so proud of how well he did. I had some really nice bucks scouted and I'm sure I could have killed bigger during my planned rifle hunt but this was awesome!!!
image.jpg

So cool, cant wait for my two boys to grow up. They are 1 and 2. Im Looking forward to making awesome memories like this!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back