mule deer/white tails in south dakota

gary brezinski

hi,
new to this sight.does any one have done a oyo hunt for deer in south dakota?any thoughts on this is greatly apprecated.
gary b.

sluggo

I have hunted deer on public land in SD for 20 years or so. We hunt the National Grasslands, and usually have good luck. The last few years they have put stronger restrictions on where you can drive, so that helps keep the idiots from driving the draws etc. The last few years we drew any deer tags, and then got a left over whitetail tag. We had a great hunt this last season. Good luck!

Coming back from a bird in SD in 2005 we stopped in at Wall Drug and there was a pickup with two very nice muleys in the back. They said they were shot on Nat. Grassland land near Badlands NP. We saw a few deer on the NG while bird hunting, one VERY nice buck. I've got 4 points for West River deer and might cash those in next year. Thinking about also getting a Black Hills point this year and hopefully getting both tags for next year.

I hunt the Black Hills when I draw. Used to be every other year but I failed to draw a tag this year. The mule deer tags are darn near impossible to draw, whitetail 1 in 2. Tons of public land. Quantity moreso than quality though a few good bucks are taken each year. Fun hunt, let me know if you have any qustions.

Hunt multiple tags in SD every year as a resident. Great opportunities and great hunting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinhba
Back