Mule Deer Primer

Lawnboy

I know that I've posted this deer before but I was down to my wife's grandpas over the weekend and went to see this guy. With my deer tag coming up I had to remind myself what a big deer really looks like.:D I'll be lucky to see one half this size in my unit. For those of you with an AZ strip tag or any of the other good ones then maybe this will help you to hold out for a big one.
Good luck and happy drooling.:)

IMG_4224rev.jpg

I'd love to see a deer like that someday, even if it wasn't in season just to see one like it . . . Is it one her Grandpa shot and how long ago was it shot? I know there are still some bruisers out there, but it seems like a lot of the really big mounts are from decades past.

Holy smokes! Beautiful deer, that thing is a legend! Any idea as to score or width?

I believe around 221. Inside at the widest point is 37+ and I think the outside is 41. He is a smoker. Too bad we don't have the big deer numbers they did back in the day. Would of been a fun time to hunt.

I'd suck up to the old guy you might get lucky when he writes his will ;)

Once again beautiful deer.

Meh, he isn't bad:D

Is he as big as the new Pending World record deer sheds?;)

P1010714.jpg

I doubt I could compose myself for the shot, if I ever saw one that size while hunting.

I've high hopes for my deer tag this fall. It has potential!

Good luck chasing the white sheep in AK.

What is down BY?:rolleyes:

Down by meant I don't know the exact canyon or creek that he shot it in. He lived in Soda and I know it was somewhere down there.

The down part refers to me being in Montana and that I have to drive down to Idaho from up here.

Savvy?:confused:

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back