PEAX Equipment

MT youth hunt Success!

GFHunter

This is a great opportunity for kids ages 12-15 to kill a nice buck before the deer get wild.

My daughter had always told me she wanted to kill a buck when she turned 12. On the first night of the youth hunt we spotted a herd of 11 whitetails about a mile off bedded above a big alphalfa field. There were 3 bucks in the group and 2 were shooters. We walked to within 600 yards of the herd and realized the only way to get closer was to crawl another 400 yards. That girl belly crawled 400 yards into shooting position and i could not believe she did it without one complaint.

The deer started moving just before the sun went down and crossed into the field right where they had before. After a real battle trying to find the buck in her scope (5 minutes) she finally was ready to make the shot. Then out of nowhere she requests ear plugs so the noise of the gun doesnt hurt her ears.

I was beside myself. I kept telling her to shoot that buck. So to satisify my little hunters request, I stick my fingers in her hears and then the .243 barked immediately. With ringing ears I see blood pouring out of the bucks chest and I knew she had made a great one shot kill. The buck ran 60 yards and piled up.

Seeing the look on her face was priceless. I was more excited about her buck than anything I had ever killed (until this year). I have 5 kids and cant wait for the next memory.
1020111836.jpg
[/IMG]

Attachments

• 1020111836.jpg
    1020111836.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 389
Add "ear plugger" to your resume', great job dad! And well done to the youth hunter.

I've been hoping you'd post that picture. Great job! Look forward to hunting with you this afternoon, it's been a while!

Congratulations on a super buck and a great shot. Congrats to dad for putting her on a great hunt and going that extra mile! That`s what its all about!
That buck beats my first whitetail by a long ways, great job!
I have 42 sets of antlers pilled up in the corner and none of those are as nice as this one!:eek:

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back