Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MT Sheep HD 482

The biologist scored the ram at 1/4" short of 185". As far as that goes, I don't know that there is a sheep in the unit (or world) that Dad would have been any happier with than this one. He meets and exceeds every goal we had to define "success", and is going to make a beautiful mount.

Absolutely! Sheep don't come any prettier than that one. What a trophy and wonderful experience! Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

The biologist scored the ram at 1/4" short of 185". As far as that goes, I don't know that there is a sheep in the unit (or world) that Dad would have been any happier with than this one. He meets and exceeds every goal we had to define "success", and is going to make a beautiful mount.

Score is a bonus, IMO... that sheep has everything I'd want to have in a BH ram. Mass, flare, color. Just a dream ram.

Great story and pictures. I really enjoy the breaks sheep hunt posts. Living out a dream for most of us. Thanks and congrats to you and your dad.

I am always amazed at what a 6-8 yr old ram grows for horns in Montana versus here in Alberta. The distance isn't that far and climates are similar. Is it just the hard prairie grass( breaks Rams) that is the difference? it's a very noticeable difference in growth rates that's for sure.

Awesome ram man again congrats and thanks for sharing the story!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back