Caribou Gear

MT DIY Public Land Elk Hunt Semi Live

Well I am sitting here at home anxiously waiting for my flight tomorrow at 1pm. My buddy Shayne (yotkilr) and I are leaving tomorrow evening for the Pioneer mountains in SW Montana to chase after elk for our first time! I am flying from Omaha, NE to Dickinson, ND and then I will hop in with him and head west for 10 hours.

We applied for the elk/deer combo tag in MT (100% draw recently) and have spent the last few months planning. We have received advice from fellow hunters on forums as well as talked to the unit specific game biologist, but we still have no experience so it should be interesting! On top of all of it we are trying to film it all...

I can't believe how much time and work you spend preparing and then the time quickly arrives. We will be hunting for 9 days with some nights spent in an enclosed trailer but several nights living out of a backpack.

We will keep you updated as we go along on our journey. Wish us luck and stay tuned! Also any last minute advice is welcome.
Hey man new to this thread/forum but recently read through this whole thread and super appreciative of the content and follow up that you did as I am a new first time elk hunter and drew a big game combo for MT and have been focusing in on this same general region. Still figuring out this system but can you send me a PM so we can discuss what I can do to increase my chances of success this upcoming 2023 season!

Hey man new to this thread/forum but recently read through this whole thread and super appreciative of the content and follow up that you did as I am a new first time elk hunter and drew a big game combo for MT and have been focusing in on this same general region. Still figuring out this system but can you send me a PM so we can discuss what I can do to increase my chances of success this upcoming 2023 season!
Probably should have read through other threads too to see how likely a 10 year old thread will get answered for a person who just joined.

Welcome to hunt talk

Good luck this season

Probably should have read through other threads too to see how likely a 10 year old thread will get answered for a person who just joined.

Welcome to hunt talk

Good luck this season
Been looking around trying to reach out as much as possible! Thanks and good luck to you as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back