MT bighorns butting heads

RobG

With all the production footage out there this is pretty low end, but I've been waiting a long time to witness bighorns going at it. That makes it extra awesome to me :). The dark ram had some blood on him and I think he was getting the worst of it.

The cheap-shot at the end made me think that someone from Butte's football team played a role in that particular ram's ancestry. ;) But what a stick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uakIcMrDz4

While this was all happening there was a 3/4 curl ram sniffing the ladies down below. Maybe he was the clever one.

rg

Last edited:
Very cool. Yeah, I remember the Bozeman/butte football rivalry!

It fell off the end of the board so I have to bump this up for the 90% of you that only look during normal business hours ;).

Bigfoot quality footage along with excellent commentary makes this video I shot in SW Montana a must see. Thank goodness I had my "point and hope" iPhone along instead of a real camera to add to the authentic feel of this mini-documentary which will increase our understanding of these creatures at least one-fold.

Best

Awesome experience. I was out shooting last week and wasn't able to see any of this. Thanks for sharing.

Back