MT Bighorn Sheep - Better run for cover

Great looking rams! Best of luck to the hunter and the camera crew. Would make a spectacular show.

Randy: Having hunted and bagged adesert bighorn and watching them for a fall, I'd say that 3rd picture is an 200 plus even with the brooming!!! look like you guys have got it figured out. Good luck111

Those are some stud rams! check out the roman nose on that broadside shot. How old do you all think that ram is?

"Hank the Tank" went undetected today. He is must have read this thread, and is laying low. Tomorrow, we have six of us scouring the hills for his big body.

Only bad part is that we are getting snow like crazy right now. I must be a blizzard magnet. Every hunt the last month has been a snowfest.

Oh well, hitting the hay, and will post updates at times when I have coverage.

We have 2 huge rams spotted. Waiting for them to come from the trees. One looks like the world's biggest Dall sheep. Probably 46" inch curl, but thin.

We think the big heavy guy is the one with him. We can move in to about 200 yards. Looks like a two hour hike.

Stay tuned.

BF,

I am leaving for MT in a two hours to hunt antelope w/ Upper Deck. I am antsy to see pics before we hit the road, but I am fairly certain that won't happen as far back as you are in. Waiting until Sunday will be tough! Good luck!

Dang, now I am going to be on the edge of my seat all day!

Looking forward to pics!

Shortside

Can't wait to see the pictures. Those sure are gorgeous rams !!!
Definitely mid 190 but 200+ is really HUGE. But that is just my guessing from looking at
a lot of pictures. Either way, good luck, and let them walk if he wants to. Always hear
a lot more/ different rams materialize once November hits.

Well, the big guy was not in the group. Have some great footage of five rams on the sidehill. Biggest was the long dude - probably 192 to 195. Another was in the 190 range. And, one around 185. We just climbed out of the coulee and left them there. Amazing footage, but WTH is Vaughn looking for?

Will load digiscope pics tonight.

Biggest was the long dude - probably 192 to 195. Another was in the 190 range. And, one around 185.

How many other hunts can someone not named greenhorn go on and pass on three Boone and Crockett animals in one group? Unbelievable.

Back