Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MT Archery Elk Hunt

Chad1754

First of all wanted to say hello and hope to follow this forum more often. Im an avid member on predatormastersforum but new to this one. I've lived in Montana for a little over 3 years now and have had success hunting what I know how to which would be deer and predators. This will be the first year I hunt hard for elk where in previous years I've bought tags hoping to run across one in rifle season and that never being my luck. I know quiet a few good spots where to go for elk during archery but my main question would be to anyone that has hunted up near Gibson reservoir. I've bear hunted up there in the spring and seen tons of elk on both sides of Gibson, we are planning on putting the boat in and heading up the reservoir to the spot we bear hunted. My main worry is that it will be over populated with guides and hunters on horse back. If anyone has any luck or info on what the early archery season entitles for the Gibson Reservoir it would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all next saturday, thank you.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not - Gibson Reservoir is completely drained at this point in the year. Call the Sun Canyon lodge to verify, but you'll probably want to leave your boat at home.

Welcome to the site. Sorry, I don't have much experience in that area.

I was just up there last week Scapegoat and its low but not super low there was a 20ft fishing boat out on it when we were there. Thanks though

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fossil Ridge
Back