MT 517 bonus points

Beartooth83

I've got bonus points built up from years of applying for goat in hd 517. I moved from Billings to Fargo ND in September of 2012. Last year I didn't apply but I need to this year to avoid losing my bonus points. However, I see that non residents can't apply for 517. Does this mean my bonus points are flushed down the john, or are bonus points universal for all hunting districts? Say I apply for the crazies, (which is a valid hd for nonresidents to apply for) would I retain all my bonus points or are they only good for the hunting district for which you apply for? Does this question make sense? Anyone else been in my situation?

Points are species based. You can skip two years of applying , but must apply the third year or lose your points. I skipped two years of applying for a moose tag , then applied the third year and retained my points. That was my understanding.

As bsb said, points are species based, not unit so they you can apply for any unit with your points. I think 329, 330, and 313 are available to NR's and would be your next closest units.

Yes you will be fine changing districts. I have heard the crazies are a hard area due to access and private holdings, maybe give the area biologist a call prior to entering just an idea though.

Yes you will be fine changing districts. I have heard the crazies are a hard area due to access and private holdings, maybe give the area biologist a call prior to entering just an idea though.

Not the case, certain areas are tough to access but there's plenty of goats within 5 miles of most trailheads. Heck I'm letting my wife whose never hunted big game and never backpacked before apply for the Crazies.,,

Not the case, certain areas are tough to access but there's plenty of goats within 5 miles of most trailheads. Heck I'm letting my wife whose never hunted big game and never backpacked before apply for the Crazies.,,
Well dang it maybe I should have stayed with the crazies for my goat application! :confused:

A few people on here have had the 323 tag recently and been very successful. Do some Goat Hunt searches. 323 would be a great tag to have, and IMO, much like the Crazies, it could be as hard as you want to make it, but there are people on here that know that area much better than I, maybe they'll chime in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back