MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Moving west and need some help choosing where!

Might consider the industries in the towns you are looking at. From my experience the oilfield boom/bust towns are best to stay away from. Places like Rawlins and Gillette. During the boom you end up with all sorts of gypsy oilfield trash that screw up the town/schools/housing/etc. Puts a huge strain on the community.

Also try to find a place where you fit in. Big difference in a town like Casper compared to Bozeman as far as people go. As has been mentioned earlier Sheridan WY is a nice place I would recommend looking into.

Let me throw this out there: Idaho can't be that good--we've never been on Randy's show.

I think he's got something with this side of the divide... Pretty sure he hasn't hunted on the West slope of MT either.

Might consider the industries in the towns you are looking at. From my experience the oilfield boom/bust towns are best to stay away from. Places like Rawlins and Gillette. During the boom you end up with all sorts of gypsy oilfield trash that screw up the town/schools/housing/etc. Puts a huge strain on the community.

Also try to find a place where you fit in. Big difference in a town like Casper compared to Bozeman as far as people go. As has been mentioned earlier Sheridan WY is a nice place I would recommend looking into.

Agreed. As I once told a friend of mine, Rock Springs would be a nice place if it weren't for the town. :D

Of course I would say that about any place on Earth.

One thing I find pretty sad is the air out there, west of town. You'd think it would be the cleanest air in the country, with such a low population and a near constant wind and relatively high elevation, but the brown cloud reminds me of L.A. or Denver. I don't think it is from the town, either. I think it's from all those wells and mines or something because I remember when it was clean and the air over town ain't that bad. Wind is usually west to east as I recall and the bad air is west. :confused:

My advise would be to take a road trip and check out a bunch of possibilities . Searching for a new state for a big move can be an adventure of a lifetime in its self.

Yo Ben, Nameless.
I lived in Basin in 75',76.. Loved it except the -40's as a high..LOL
Always loved Helena area. Boulder.
Been to Corbin. Seemed like nice towns then even during that economic time.
You coulda bought a 10k ac working ranch for $10k.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back