Moose Poached in Hyalite

ASSHOLES! There really needs to be harsher criminal laws for these. They are stealing from everyone! It would be like stealing a large diamond as rare as these animals are! You'd be thrown in jail so fast if you did that it wouldn't even be funny!

Jackasses, just killing and wasting really chaps my cheeks for sure. This should definitely result in some jail time.

This is what gives hunters a bad reputation - hunting out of season, wasting game, road hunting. The more I have gotten into conservation, I have noticed some wildlife advocacy groups argue against hunting, saying it is cruel, barbaric, unnecessary in this day and age. Some of these groups would rather take up APHIS' goal of sterilizing our wildlife (which btw is not USDA food approved so you cant eat the game that has been sterilized with immunocontraceptives), than to acknowledge hunting as a wildlife management tool.

And these advocacy groups that are against hunting, are using the unethical hunter as the poster child for their anti hunting campaign, are trying to take away general hunters rights, based on these actions. If the hunting community doesnt call out, police, condemn these types of actions and people (dont want to even call them hunters), making a distinction, we are going to see more loss of rights and the continual eroding of our heritage. Take a look at conservation easements that allow just about every form of public access and opportunity except hunting. What organizations write the conservation easements? I think hunters would be surprised at what is quietly taking place.

Seems like in the last two years nearly a dozen moose have been poached statewide. Jail time with some hard labor attached to it fits some of these crimes.

This is what gives hunters a bad reputation - hunting out of season, wasting game, road hunting

Make sure when you talk with these other conservation advocacy groups that they know these actions are that of outlaws, and thieves. Hunters and the word hunting should always be separated from this type of conversation. Don't allow sportsman, to be associated with type of act.

All men are packing, but very few are rapists.;)

I know asking this question is a waste of brain power.......but why?? What did the person responsible get out of shooting a cow moose with a calf and leaving the meat to rot? Is this fun? Does it make them feel powerful? At the end of the day, when they rest, are they proud of this?? I can't help myself.....I want to understand. Then again.....maybe I don't.

I know asking this question is a waste of brain power.......but why?? What did the person responsible get out of shooting a cow moose with a calf and leaving the meat to rot? Is this fun? Does it make them feel powerful? At the end of the day, when they rest, are they proud of this?? I can't help myself.....I want to understand. Then again.....maybe I don't.
Drunken kids is all I can think of.

SOB's!!! To think of this magnificent animal shot from the road and wasted is infuriating! What the hell are people thinking doing crap like this??

Make sure when you talk with these other conservation advocacy groups that they know these actions are that of outlaws, and thieves. Hunters and the word hunting should always be separated from this type of conversation. Don't allow sportsman, to be associated with type of act.

Shoots straight, I always advocate for ethical, fair chase hunting and have had some really great conversations with non-hunting wildlife advocates. One, the fact that a woman is advocating for hunting surprises them. That I share my deep respect of wildlife with them, know the history of conservation with hunters and anglers, explaining my background in traditional ag/livestock and how they treat their animals, the health of the wild animals and as a meat source, that traditional ag displaces and kills alot of wildlife, and that not all hunters are the same (and these types of actions are not hunting but more akin to vandalism), just as not all environmentalists are the same. A number of them have had their eyes opened. It doesnt hurt the communication that I grow and eat organic, can speak their language and frequently dont wear a bra. But then you probably dont either. ;)

Then again, I am originally from Texas and married into a ranching family that hunted their land - with frickin timed corn feeders while they waited in a blind and shot the game as they came up to the feeder - I constantly argued with them that was not hunting and refused to participate in that. My experientially diverse background helps in presenting a perspective. That is why I mentioned ethical sportsmen speaking out and policing. That type of hunter response goes a long way in proving that these types of actions (poaching, wasting, etc) are not those of hunters. And, from a strategic point of view, disarms them if you discredit the poachers first. :)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back