Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Moose - Lets see em!

Bambistew

Don't think we have a moose picture thread floating around. I sure enjoy the other lets see em threads when they pop up. I know there are some nice bulls that have been taken.

I've not killed a really big bull, but sure enjoy picking up their sheds. The packing isn't a lot easier, but its more fun than moving around 500lbs of meat.

IMG_0062_zps699445d1.jpg

P1020068_zps9c371928.jpg

DSCN0586.jpg

DSCN0642.jpg

photobucket-38062-1350188485648.jpg

DSCN0778.jpg

may2.jpg

20150514_140849_resized_1_zps8nvxuxzd.jpg

20150515_133415_resized_zpsdnnoassz.jpg

Very cool Bambi.I can't imagine what it's like to deal with an Alaskan Moose. The pack-out of the Shiras I shot left me broken and loopy for a week and it was less than half a mile.

I have killed one Montana Moose. Scouted 8 whole days during the summer and saw none. I Could've swore I drew an area with no Moose. A half hour into opening morning on an island in the middle of a river I was proven wrong.

Where he fell:

AsHeLay.jpg

Where he is now:

AsHeis.JPG

I have wasted my life.

Excellent pictures. Like any good trophy, I am sure those pictures call back a ton of memories.

Shot this wolf in Alaska in 2006...

Wolf.jpg

Before we even had time to go check the wolf out, I looked down into the gully to my left in the wolf pic, and saw a canoe paddle sticking out of the spruce trees...guess when I shot the wolf, I woke this guy from his afternoon nap. :)

Moose.jpg

2015 Washington Shiras...waited 38 years for this tag...38"...1 inch per year of waiting! Solo hunt just over a mile back to the truck with 7 loads! Looks like kind of poor shot placement, but he was angling away pretty hard. I hit him just in front of the hip and came out through the far lung. He only went about 150 yards.

Moose%201_zps65v7w8sy.jpg

1st load of burger...

Hamburger%202nd_zps2vdig6gf.jpg

Very good eating

some pretty awesome beasts here! and the sheds even have me drooling! I keep fighting whether to start building points in the lower 48 or just start saving for AK...

I love moose - dead and alive ....and ground. Dont have one, havent ever drawn one, and love them. Some wonderful trophies above fellas! Sheds too bambi, just awesome!

Back