Moose heart

AlaskaHunter

A moose heart is huge. If you are fortunate to harvest a bull, do not leave the heart behind.
HEART.jpg
If you do not like heart, you can always put it in the burger bag and that gives you 3+ extra pounds of meat for the grinder.

And some prime steaks can be filleted from the scapula (flatirons).
IMG_0014.JPG

I am a big fan of elk heart so I am envious of your photo. Hopefully I’ll be able to get my own moose heart soon!

I cooked a pan full of heart at work for dinner one night. I didn't tell anybody what it was. Everybody loved it! They kept asking what cut it was. When I said heart everybody was shocked. My moose heart was eaten by my family like it was their last meal. They loved it!

If you haven’t tried heart with Hank Shaw’s Peruvian heart skewer recipe, it needs to be fast-tracked. My wife’s favorite way to eat heart and you won’t hear me complain about it! We keep the heart from every animal we can, beef included!

If you haven’t tried heart with Hank Shaw’s Peruvian heart skewer recipe, it needs to be fast-tracked. My wife’s favorite way to eat heart and you won’t hear me complain about it! We keep the heart from every animal we can, beef included!
Same usually when a load of steers go in nobody wants the heart so I tell the processor save em all for me. Pickled heart is something to behold.

Same usually when a load of steers go in nobody wants the heart so I tell the processor save em all for me. Pickled heart is something to behold.
Can’t say I’ve had it pickled before. But we get lots of hearts from friends and family. Especially from deer/elk. I just live the size of beef heart!

I'd be happy just to get a moose tag first, and see where that takes me.

My wife doesn't eat heart, so I get them all to myself. I would enjoy a moose heart of that size for days!

Save the liver too! I'd imagine you'd get quite the batch of boudin, liverwurst, or just old-fashioned seared liver and onions from a moose liver.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back