MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana's Attorney General

Elky Welky

The attorney general is currently facing 41 allegations of professional misconduct before the state office of disciplinary counsel. https://montanafreepress.org/2023/0...inst-montana-attorney-general-austin-knudsen/

I think now is a good time to note that he has also made his position on public land in Montana clear when he voted no on the Mount Haggin WMA and shortly after when he was the only one to vote no on the Big Snowy WMA, vowing to never support Montanans having more public land, and denying the utility and purpose of highly successful programs like Habitat Montana:

This guy doesn't represent us. And when I say "us" I am talking about Montana hunters. Not political parties. I predict this might devolve into a discussion of political parties, but I urge everyone here to look past party affiliation and ask whether or not candidates actually care about Montana hunters; or if they simply pretend to so they can make a quick buck and advance their own political ambitions.

when I say "us" I am talking about Montana hunters

I don't know who "US" is but it must not be "ME".
Sorry, I've been a dedicated hunter for over 60 years And have been very active in Shooting as well as fishing and recreating in general.
I think and back almost everything our AG has done, and I will support him and his actions in to the future.
No one can or will ever do EVERY thing I want or, think I need.
I hope he keeps his current course. (y)

I don't know who "US" is but it must not be "ME".
Sorry, I've been a dedicated hunter for over 60 years And have been very active in Shooting as well as fishing and recreating in general.
I think and back almost everything our AG has done, and I will support him and his actions in to the future.
No one can or will ever do EVERY thing I want or, think I need.
I hope he keeps his current course. (y)
I like very little coming out of our AG's office. I think I'm more of in line with US.

Aside from these allegations, which I can’t really speak to, Knudsen is basically anti public lands, anti conservation, and anti access. He seems to want to Texas Our Montana.

There’s a long record to support that claim that has been referenced in plenty of other threads.

In addition, I find his demeanor to be that of a sort of sophomoric partisan theatre. Pretty damn vacuous when it comes good will toward working with anyone who doesn’t pass the tiny tent purity test he and others adhere to.

He has aspirations for the future, and if successful in them, would make Montana worse.

Well as a 4th generation conservative Montanan I feel strongly he has already Montana better.
I can see why some people would support the generic brand Ammon Bundy. But at what point does a supporter realize he is truly horrible at his job? He hasn't won a single meaningful case in his time as AG. The dude is batting .000.

When he ran as County Attorney for Roosevelt County his only claim was that if he was elected he would tackle crime rates. Well every crime stat increased during his time. I haven't even brought up his ineptitude as Speaker of the House. At least a judge finally ordered him to stop blocking veterans from accessing the VFW park in Culbertson.

In summary, Austin Knudsen is not a serious person and things got out of hand.

I've said it before, the problem with most Montana "conservatives" is any douche bag candidate/elected official affiliated with the Republican party is automatically a candidate for sainthood. This guy could sexually molest sheep at high noon in the middle of a Walmart parking lot and multi-generation eastern Montana conservatives would still vote for him.

Where is Knudson from ... originally? Surely he's not a real Montanan ... a transplant like almost all the state's top GOP elected officials?

Well ... his mom is from Culbertson. The family tried blocking the VFW from accessing a forty acre park donated in the forties. Sure seen enough of this road blocking bullshit on the east side. What amazes me is the idiots in that community would still vote the gal in as a state legislator after she tried to block their access to the park. She's a Republican so it just doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Were the previous 3 generations also so hostile toward public lands, anti-private landowner rights, pro-paving Montana, and hateful of individual rights?

Maybe you just bumped your head.
We have had democrat governors for a lot of years. I’m not saying you are wrong but bringing it back to wildlife and access they didn’t do much for either.

The truth stings doesn't it?

Knudsen and GG actively work against wildlife, public lands, and public access. Again, that stinging truth.
Come on back and fix it. Or take the easy way out and move to a state that manages wildlife and act like you’re a big dick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back