Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana Whitetail

----

Not a whole lot of a story on this one.

Kaitie and I got a lead that there was a herd of elk hanging out in our river bottom hidey hole, so we headed down yesterday to check it out and hopefully run in to a raghorn. This early in the season we weren't expecting to see much for deer, they're pretty nocturnal usually pre-rut.

We pulled up zeroes on the elk all morning, but saw a decent 4x4 whitetail head into a thick brush stand to bed. I decided to head in to see if I could bump him out for Kaitie to maybe get a better look at.

About half way through, I nearly stepped on this buck and made a snap judgment and shot him at maybe twenty yards. I knew he was big, but it was kind of nice getting ground growth for once instead of shrinkage.

091_zps9686f9a8.jpg

073_zps754dbc36.jpg

076_zps82e4c1ac.jpg

079_zpscfdbe3d9.jpg

What a beautiful buck. Hope you find the elk also. A nice whitetail is next on my list.
Good to see a fellow Mariner's fan.

Great looking buck, congrats! I'd love to run into one like that over the next couple weeks

I've already said it but I'll say it again, what a beauty. Congrats, I can't wait to see him in real life.

That one has it all..uptines, width, mass..huge body. Couoldn't happen to a better dude, congrats. Sick browtines. Good field pics.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back