Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montana Waterfowl Hunt for Son

Danceswithracks

Howdy,

My son is in the process of enlisting in the military. He has been hounding me to take him on a waterfowl hunt. We live in CA :( but enjoy Montana. How would I go about taking him to MT for a hunt. Probably be our last hunt together for awhile and want to make it memorable for him.

Thanks!

Dances, I don't know what montana requires, but if'n you wanna come to ID in the middle of Nov, I'll be honored to have you as my guests for a flying liver hunt. Just send me a pm.

I'm not a duck hunter, but I could give you a few ideas of a few spots that might be worth investigating a little more. PM me as well if you're interested.

Been a few years, but I used to always stop in NE MT and visit a couple of buddies on my way to Sask. We would duck hunt early mornings and late afternoons and Pheasant and grouse mid day. Some great times! As I remember, the duck hunting only required an OTC small game license and state duck lic/stamp and they were cheap. There were lots of Waterfowl Production Areas that were open to hunting and many accessible pot holes.

Thanks for the replies guys!

With my work schedule we would be looking at mid December. Don't mind paying a guide if that is what it takes.

Reality hit home yesterday... My daughter got her acceptance letter for the University of Montana for next year. This time next year, it will be just me and the wife along with our yellow lab. Time flies! I have no regrets and took both of them hunting when they could pass the hunter safety class. Invest in your kids and it will pay off! I have two great ones!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back