Montana Trophy Mule Deer

My buddy harvested that buck this morning. 94 yard shot downwind with his Hoyt. Thank god for Scentlock. Put it right in the boiler, one and done.

Any score guesses on that big guy?

Here's some more angles and what he looked like this spring. Wish I could've gotten closer to him this time.

039_zpse3493aa2.jpg

026_zps5b74c9f4.jpg

027_zpsacbdc6ee.jpg

034_zpsf0730402.jpg

039_zpsc742cd19.jpg

042_zpsaeea5686.jpg

Holy Smokes! Now, that's a nice buck!

I'll be headed out to your great state later this month, and look forward to the opportunity!

I would guess 160-165. Hard to tell from the Picts. I'm probably way off

One of us is way off, I had him at quite a bit more than that, around 180. I'm far from an expert though. Any other guesses?

First buck 150ish. Second one 130.

The last one: 168-172. Good mass. Not much for width or tine length.

Then again what do I know? I'd shoot that thing, ESP with a bow!!

When I draw that unit I'm coming over : )

Last edited:
Really pretty deer. I'd put him in the 165 range. Nice everything just not a lot of it. Dead deer any day of the week in MT. Thanks for sharing

Randy you sure got 'em frothed up. You should post up pics of that unicorn we saw while bear hunting, they might want to come over and hunt him too :)

Randy you sure got 'em frothed up. You should post up pics of that unicorn we saw while bear hunting, they might want to come over and hunt him too :)

Huh? No trickery intended. Just thought he was fun to look at and guess, even with him being off limits.

I am a very bad judge of mule deer. I would've shot that buck opening morning with the super tag.

Huh? No trickery intended. Just thought he was fun to look at and guess, even with him being off limits.

I am a very bad judge of mule deer. I would've shot that buck opening morning with the super tag.

I think everyone was assuming this was one of those legendary 'Root bucks. I'd shoot him with the guvnah's tag too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back