Montana Regs

Don't worry Dada. I won't have to put out too much to be Bambi's sheep scouting bitch. Just sit on the back deck with a cold one and my spotting scope, and pick the 1/2 curl ram that's easiest to get his scooter to! I'd do for you to if you'ld like.

Thanks for the welcome mtmiller, I do agree that the wildlife is state owned but if it wasnt for habitat there would be no wildlife to own, the habitat and the animals are directly proportional. No, offense to 280 after climbing the wall for 30yrs that would put him in the " cranky" age group to begin with lol.I do know that Montana has been overrun from the west and these people brought their ideas and beliefs with them and life in Mt can never been the same. Its been awhile since since I hunted eastern Mt for Muleys and the Bob for elk. But Mt is an awsome state.

Heres a few reasons to APPLY...

As much as I hate the drawings, and I gripe about them constantly, the key is being persistant.

Between Dad, by Brother, and I we've drawn 3 moose tags, 2 goat tags, and a sheep tag in Montana.

Heres some proof positive that if you stick with it good things will happen:

My brother Matts goat in 1989:

mattsgoat2.JPG

My goat in 1998:

gt2.JPG

My moose in 1994:

moose2.JPG

Dads moose 1997:

dadsmoose.JPG

Matts moose 2005:

mattmoose4_1_1.jpg

Dads sheep 2005:

IMG_0726.JPG

Heres a very good reason for NR's to apply. My buddy Tom lived in Montana about 7 years then moved to Alaska in about 1992-93ish. He drew a Montana sheep tag as a NR in 2004.

tomsram3.jpg

BigHornRam's Bighorn

BigHornRam's Ram

Attachments

• Big horn.jpg
    Big horn.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 82
Colorado Ram died of Natural causes in 06

This is the Ram that died this winter on Fort Carson, Colorado. He scored 195.

Here's the photos

He scored 195.

Attachments

• 05 Colorado Ram live2.jpg
    05 Colorado Ram live2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 05 Colorado Ram live1.jpg
    05 Colorado Ram live1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 05 Colorado Ram found dead1.jpg
    05 Colorado Ram found dead1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 77
i am from montana and i know residents that have applied for 20 years before getting their first and oly tag. don't get discouaged, their is always a chance that you'll sneak in and grab one.

I had really bad luck for a lot of years then 2 years ago my luck change and I drew my bull moose, then last year I got my goat tag. So this year I guess I'm going sheep hunting and I'll post my pics of him for you all. Honestly though I do my home work by researching the odds, calling biologist and game wardens about the areas with the tough access and hunting because a lot of people want one of the Big 3 but don't want to work as hard as others to get them. Don't want to affend but truth is truth. I know more than a few people that aren't in good enough shape or young enough any more to go in the country after some of these critters. Case in point, look at the country in the back ground of BHR goat picture.

repro

At the RMBS convention, they had reproductions of that sheeps headset; it was truely massive. Thought I'd share a couple shots of it with you guys.

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN0796.JPG
    DSCN0796.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 29
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member