Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montana Regs

That's back at the truck W. H.. Here's where he died. Just happened to be about the only flat spot on the hill as well. Call me lucky! Notice the background mountain in both pictures is the same. Just taken at a couple thousand foot elevation difference.

That's back at the truck W. H.. Here's where he died. Just happened to be about the only flat spot on the hill as well. Call me lucky! Notice the background mountain in both pictures is the same. Just taken at a couple thousand foot elevation difference.

Opps! That's what happens when a computer illiterate bastard tries to edit his boo boo. Can some one else try to down size the ram picture as well? Thanks

Just wanted to make a comment about the 3 non-res tags. One person stated that that was to many. I hear alot of this from people who live in states with many big game species and it is dissapointing. I have been that non res many times in many states and am not a high roller. I have to save to hunt out of state and bust my ass to make extra gold to do it. If a person lives in one of the states with multiple species they are very fortunate and should consider themselves lucky.They should also remember that the federal ground, national forest or blm they hunt is paid for by all us not just their home state. When I hunt out of state I try not to impose on other hunters and wish the same from others. Many buisinesses in the better hunting states are surviving because of out of state dollars. Maybee 280 isnt directly impacted by this but many others are. Most of the hunters I have met in the woods and mountains are not there to do anything but enjoy themselves and are usually very gracious and nice people. To the locals who have helped me out in the past and have been real gentleman My hats off to you. But those who have low opinions of non res hunters keep them to your self , we have enough problems w/ the anti crowd that there is no need to piss on eachothers boots. To those gracious individuals Ill always have a cold one and a pinch of skoal for ya, to the others piss off. Any other veiws out there?

"Maybe this year will be my year, but I doubt it."

"That's a real nice looking goat. I think it's my turn to draw."

Now who's more likely to draw? Mr. Negative or Mr. Positive? Karma, dude, karma!

heartofhunter said:
Just wanted to make a comment about the 3 non-res tags. One person stated that that was to many. I hear alot of this from people who live in states with many big game species and it is dissapointing. I have been that non res many times in many states and am not a high roller. I have to save to hunt out of state and bust my ass to make extra gold to do it. If a person lives in one of the states with multiple species they are very fortunate and should consider themselves lucky.They should also remember that the federal ground, national forest or blm they hunt is paid for by all us not just their home state. When I hunt out of state I try not to impose on other hunters and wish the same from others. Many buisinesses in the better hunting states are surviving because of out of state dollars. Maybee 280 isnt directly impacted by this but many others are. Most of the hunters I have met in the woods and mountains are not there to do anything but enjoy themselves and are usually very gracious and nice people. To the locals who have helped me out in the past and have been real gentleman My hats off to you. But those who have low opinions of non res hunters keep them to your self , we have enough problems w/ the anti crowd that there is no need to piss on eachothers boots. To those gracious individuals Ill always have a cold one and a pinch of skoal for ya, to the others piss off. Any other veiws out there?

First off welcome. Couple things, 280 is 280. Do a search and make your own opinion. I think he may have been kidding a little, but maybe not.

I think most here understand exactly what you are talking about and many of us are in the same boat. I do disagree with and your opinion about public lands and the rights you feel you have on them. It does belong to all of us and you have just as much right to be out there as any of us. Don't confuse this with critter collecting. Wildlife belongs to the state.

Good luck with your NR applications this year. I hope you draw your tags, even in MT.;) :D

Ditto what Miller said HOH. I think most of the guy's would be glad to see any non resident here draw a special tag. And if you did, most here would also share any applicable knowledge as well.

MNHunter,

A Utah Desert Ram would be my ultimate encore, but this year I would settle for an Idaho California Bighorn tag.

born and raised in montana 33 years of applying and some non res draws one of the big three makes one a little pissy,. most natives think the same its the recent residents that don`t

The wildlife is state owned as mtmiller explained,

Ok Earl... :D

When I draw all three tags this year I might need some help scouting. BTW BHR, I think I'm putting in for the unit not to far from you, so when I draw I'm hoping that you'll be my bitch and scout em out for me. :D

Bambi, Pick a real sheep hunt. My wife is going to apply there too because of how gentle it is.

My first pick was the Breaks... but there's just something about shooting a ram off the mirror of my pickup that takes away from the whole sheep hunting experience... Shooting from an ATV is ok with me however!

Well if you applying near BHR, you can hand feed them from the cab of your truck, knock them on the head, then put a tape to their horns before deciding if you really want to take em.

Good idea. You might not even have to hit them on the head. Just let them work away at the peanut butter while you tape the horns. Just be sure they are done with the peanut butter before you pull the trigger. Could be ugly.

Did you really just say that you'd be his bitch???...
Damn bro, you might want to rethink that one! :D
That is a great goat though BHR, congrats!! Thanks for sharing the photos too, it helps make the non-hunting time a little easier.

Back