Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana question

mixedbag

I know I could look it up but its faster asking on here.I'm not a computer genius,lol.Anyway, does Montana have reduced price tags for kids like Colorado does??I want to do an elk hunt with my son and would like to go back toMontana if we don't draw in wy.
Another question,have the general mule deer tags been selling out?if worse comes to worse then we could have a fun trip for muleys,but that would be a backup plan to an elk trip.I know the combos don't sell out but if theres no reduced jr licenses then the almost $1900 in tags would be a bit expensive for us both to hunt
Had a great time hunting Montana a few years back and hope to have my son experience it.As usual, things come down to dollars and cents,
Thanks

Yes, in MT a youth, Non-Resident Big Game Combo is $494 and there is no limit on them. However you have to buy them at a FWP office, not available online.

For adults, there were elk, deer and elk/deer licenses available at the end of the season.

Thanks, that's a great deal compared to the almost $1200 the elk only licenses will cost us in Wy

You're developing a nice strategy here. . .Put in for Wyoming and if you don't draw you go buy a leftover tag in Montana.

Montana has priced their combo tags so high that they don't sell out any longer, which may happen in Wyoming if they keep hiking up the non-resident fees. Like someone else mentioned, they had deer and elk tags available until November when the deer tags finally sold out. The elk tags never did sell out.

We used to draw Montana every other year as a non resident. Now you can grab a tag and go hunt if you're willing to pay their fees. I LOVE hunting Montana and all the public land available for us.

Back