Montana point Fluke???

The ones that we checked had been fixed
I noticed the issue the other night when I put my kid (16) in for his elk & buck permits. I elected to enter his MSG apps as well. I was surprised to see he has more points than years hunting. He should have 4 MSG points from ages 12,13,14, and 15. It's definitely giving a point for applying in 2023 when in the past it's always been applied in arrears.
1680025841935.png

Last edited:
It's not just Montana that screws up. I knew a guy from Montana who got an elk permit in Wyoming using a bunch of preference points. He got the same tag the next year because they never took away his points. That was about 10 years ago though.

Public trust of Montana fwp is gone for a lot of different reasons starting at the bottom and going straight to the top. Last years draw was a disaster and was not fixed appropriately. Certainly makes me wonder why I have 1 antelope point and elk permit point when I drew both last year. Sounds like they add them when you apply now. When they fail at management of wildlife, hunters, and draws it’s easy to come to the conclusion they don’t know what they are doing.

Back