Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana Native Needing DIY elk hunting partners

SBrothers13

This is my first time here, so I'll quickly introduce myself. My name is Shawn Brothers and I am a Montana native currently residing in Texas. Last year I shot my first bull elk in my first ever elk hunt. I have hunted deer my whole life and now I wonder why I didn't try this sooner (as I am 43 years old). That being said...I'm addicted and I can't wait to get back to Montana and hunt elk again, though this time, I am going to try to harvest a bull with a bow. I have purchased a bow and have been to the archery range a few times so far. I don't plan on making the trip this year, as I don't feel as though I am ready to engage a bull at this point, but I am looking for some DIY partners to hunt with back home in the fall of 2015 that know of some good public/ private land that have proven results and access. If anyone is interested and has knowledge of such a place and is willing to bring me along next year..let me know. I will be studying up on areas and such in the next year and will more than likely make a couple scouting trips between now and then. Good luck to everyone this year...fill that freezer.

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back