Montana License question

MNElkNut

I put in for a Big Game Combo tag. It clearly says that includes the conservation license. Then, when I put in for the bow and arrow permit, it makes me buy another conservation license. It is only $10, but that is double dipping on their part I think. Did I do something wrong?

That is an error. No idea how or why but you only need conservation license once per year.

I'm guessing it is not showing up yet cause you havent drawn the big game combo yet. Mine shows the only application and the hungers for hunger donation. I've always just got my bowhunting tag later after the draw was done.

We did it two ways. First I bought my big game combo. Then later I added my bow and arrow and it made me buy the conservation. It should be included in my big game combo.

My buddy bought them at the same time. Same deal, he was charged for the conservation license as well as the big game combo.

you didn't buy your big game combo, you put in to draw it. there is the problem.

I paid for the big game combo, which costs $996 and includes the conservation license. But the system didn't recognize that I had received the license yet (application only), therefore I had to buy it. So a person should wait to buy the bow and arrow permit until after they have officially received the big game combo. That makes sense...kinda. They should have set that up a little different or at least told you that.

Let me be the first to say Thank You for contributing to the conservation fund, times two!

at least 3 of us have. I think it is only fitting that we remove an elk or two from Montana to make up for this deception! Dadgum rookies!

It is the base hunting license. New fee added this year. Different from Conservation license.

Yes. they'll be added automatically when you buy.
I think the base hunting license was a way to increase the fee across the board, instead of adding a bit on here and there to each tag. Just a guess.

Another way to screw a NR out of another 10$ but hey when we are already spending a grand what's another $10 :)

It is the base hunting license. New fee added this year. Different from Conservation license.

I'm sure the guy can read, and therefore decipher the difference between the words base hunting and conservation.........

I'm sure the guy can read, and therefore decipher the difference between the words base hunting and conservation.........

I'm sure he can read too, otherwise using an internet forum would be tough! :)

All I was saying is that this fee was added last legislative session as a part of the tag overhaul and that it wouldn't be included in a combination license.

It's ten dollars for residents and non-residents

Back