Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana hunting

BUCKHEAD

Hi Gents....I'm going to be out West from May 4th to the 10th to hunt turkeys. I'm start out in Wyoming ( Hullet ) and if I take a bird quickly I'd like to hunt in Montana .

Can you folks give me any advice as to finding a place to hunt like public land etc close to Hullet or perhaps getting permission from a land owner to hunt ?

I'm in South Carolina so I'd be open to trading hunts as well .

Thanks in advance .

North of Alzada about 50 miles is some forest service. I know that area has turkeys

The Custer NF has birds all through it. The numbers are just coming back so they can be tough to find but they are there. All the river bottoms in eastern MT have birds too.

Gents...I'll be in Hullet Wyoming on the 4th to hunt. Are there any places to hunt in Montana within a 4 hours drive where I might have some success on public land etc ?

What are my chances getting permission to hunt a ranchers place ?

Gents...I'll be in Hullet Wyoming on the 4th to hunt. Are there any places to hunt in Montana within a 4 hours drive where I might have some success on public land etc ?

What are my chances getting permission to hunt a ranchers place ?

Possible but slim. IMO takes a lot of foot work to get on private. Much of it is leased to outfitters

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back