Montana Deer Management Survey Results

Saw this in the Big Game Forecast. I haven't been paying attention so I may have missed any discussion of this being considered.

"Additionally, the Fish and Wildlife Commission approved changes to the general deer license in all Region 7 hunting districts that will shift licenses from either-sex mule deer to antlered buck mule deer only for the 2023 hunting season."

I've been pretty explicit on here before that I only speak for myself on HT. That said, you are right, looking closer at this FWP reports 75% satisfaction, when in reality only 41% are satisfied, 34% are neutral, and 25% are dissatisfied (I predict 5-10% of that is all you @DougStickney ;) ) The dpt should be held just as accountable for this one as for the elk one. Maybe you could write an op-ed too?

You did ask how to get ahold of those numbers, and I provided you with the full survey results. Not sure what more you want?
He probably wanted BHA to speak up on behalf of mule deer like they did with elk. Mule deer seem to get treated like the red headed step child.

Saw this in the Big Game Forecast. I haven't been paying attention so I may have missed any discussion of this being considered.

"Additionally, the Fish and Wildlife Commission approved changes to the general deer license in all Region 7 hunting districts that will shift licenses from either-sex mule deer to antlered buck mule deer only for the 2023 hunting season."
But still issued 1,000 doe tags I believe.

But still issued 1,000 doe tags I believe.
True. My point was this is a change that a lot of people with tags might not even be aware of. Hopefully we can spread the news to hunters so they can stay within the rules, which is positive of HT as a platform. But more broadly, I am choosing to focus on the positive. It might not be everything we think is needed or hoped they would do, but as others have said (often sarcastically) it's a step in the right direction.
Hope you have a great season.

I can remember back in the 90’s when the dept was selling 5-7 mule deer doe/dawn licenses per person. Bunch of us in the Valley Cnty sportsmen’s club went to D&G bought the max number and then threw the tags in the garbage.
I use to do that. Quit wasting my money on it now days

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back