Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana Block Management Thievery!

This stuff definitely happens. I had a ranch in block management offer me to trade some weed control work. In exchange for the work they offered to let me pick the days of hunting I wanted before they opened the reservations. I turned them down, as that didn’t really seem like payment to me. That was almost 10 years ago but point being is I think type 2 BMA’s with halfway decent hunting have all sorts of side deals going on behind the scenes.

Wouldn’t these examples of restricting access to friends & relatives and in exchange for services be considered a clear case of fraud since owners are receiving payment from FWP for hunter days? Or is the law written in such a way that gives them the ability to do this since they can choose who they allow on?

I've spent years establishing relationships with a few BMA owners. Doesn't mean I get preference but the idea of dealing directly with FWP is cringeworthy. Those F'ers will just f' it up. Case in point some of the antelope hunting in 700.
I don't care if people find the current system frustrating.
Deal with it.

There, I said it.😏
Hopefully splitting R7 into 2 antelope areas will help.

I don’t really get the impression that fwp wants nor cares to fix the issue. It really falls back on them to make sure the landowners are following the rules and that the block management dollars are spent appropriately. In my discussions it seems like they are fine with the friends and family ranch plans.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back