Montana Bison tag

Well made the trip to West Yellowstone...Not a track on the way in to town .....
my wife and son and I will stay the night and give it a try in the am...

MT.PERCHMAN

I had a front row seat to a bison "hunt" today on the Gardiner side. At least 7 on the ground by the end of it. I helped a group of tribal hunters sled 4 of them to the road.

Well thanks to everybody that tryed to help.
No Bison this year ....only a few ever came out so I heard. My tag is over now .
Good luck to the next group of hunters ..
Guess all we can do is try again next year !!
Time to hit the Wolf trail and some ice fishing .

MT.PERCHMAN

Sorry to hear that. Those migration hunts are always a gamble. Hoping for snow and cold is a pain. Good luck on the hard water though!;)

Bummer. Probably not any consolation, but a while back, Crittergitter's wife drew the MT Bison Super Tag in a bad year. Only one bison came out of the Park that year and it got shot in the early season.

Hope your next great tag has a different outcome.

Thanks Randy !!!
I was hoping to draw in a few years so it was a great suprize to draw this year.
My daughter is getting married this june and she was hoping for Bison meat balls for one of the dishes . Oh well just keep on trying .
I have learned to injoy tag soup ...ha ha

MT.PERCHMAN

Not to open a old thread but I got the.call ....Bison are out and in West Yellowstone.!!!!!
To bad my tag ended on Jan 15 ...bummer ....well good luck to the hunters with the.late tag !!!
Maybe next year ...

MT.PERCHMAN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back