Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana antelope

Elkchaser12

Hi guys I've been interested in doing a antelope hunt in montana preferably archery but will do rifle I am a nonresident out of idaho so I was just wondering if anybody could give me advice on where to start any ideas on units best times all that good stuff! Don't want you to give me your honey holes by no means just want an idea on where to start thank you!

To be honest, the antelope hunting in MT is a little rough right now. At least, its not what it used to be (prior to the winter of 2010/2011).

That said, I like the 700 units...assuming I feel like making the drive.

What belly deep said the area I deer hunt in is hurting badly. But if I were gonna go I would look into hunting 7 way south or even some of the units over near the mountains in the west. Stay away from 6 the numbers are horrible but slowly making progress after the winters kills.

If you prefer archery I'd look at the 900 tag. Gives you a lot more flexibity on where you can hunt.

If you prefer archery I'd look at the 900 tag. Gives you a lot more flexibity on where you can hunt.

I agree with Randy on this one... if your after archery the 900 tag is one of the easier ones to get and allows the hunter to hunt most of Montana with it. I have held the tag a few times and although I could never connect with my bow those were some of the funnest trips!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back