Montana antelope! Changed title to shut people up

BradA

I drew this tag, has any one drawn it before ? Have any successful pictures from the unit ? I won’t be able to hunt it if I can at all tell the end of the season hopefully the hunting will be good even though I will be late to the game.

I drew this tag, has any one drawn it before ? Have any successful pictures from the unit ? I won’t be able to hunt it if I can at all tell the end of the season hopefully the hunting will be good even though I will be late to the game.
I have a B tag there this year. First time hunting it but always seem to see antelope when driving through it, although this year the numbers seem less than years prior. Planning on taking my 4 year old on her first hunt the second weekend of the season this year. Good luck!

I have a B tag there this year. First time hunting it but always seem to see antelope when driving through it, although this year the numbers seem less than years prior. Planning on taking my 4 year old on her first hunt the second weekend of the season this year. Good luck!
Yeah I know most of the unit is private. Mind us chatting after you hunt to see how the antelope herd is doing, and what kind of bucks you seen?

I'm curious - is the unit number in the title the problem or just talking specifically about a unit ??
The unit number. Every person that ever draws the tag will google the unit and easily find this thread. If a unit is any good (I have no knowledge of this unit) it will quickly blow up a unit.

I hear what you are saying. I guess I could argue it either way.

Hunters seem to be liars by nature, maybe they get it from fisherman !! 😂 With that said, and all the "controls" via WFP regs (think tag allotment) the good areas blow up and then die off pretty quickly.
Unless the movie-star hunters get seen.

Not to mention there is zero value in this post and the one person I will discuss the unit with from this post will be pm from here on out. Not to mention this isn’t some amazing unit it’s mostly private land!

I drew a region 7 tag this year. After one day of hunting I will say this….. over 300 antelope seen today. That was on the private ranch I was hunting. too many bucks to count 12-14 inchers. No shots fired, looking for bigger. 30,000 acre ranch bordered by 11,000 acres of state and blm land. All is accessible from major highway and county road. Saw 146 goats on public land. Several nice 12-14 inch bucks. Never saw one person hunting. Some were within 1/2 mile from road others 2 miles but none were visible from the road.
Point is….. all the “hunters” who say there are no antelope left should maybe park the truck and walk over the hill.
Good luck to all!

I drew a region 7 tag this year. After one day of hunting I will say this….. over 300 antelope seen today. That was on the private ranch I was hunting. too many bucks to count 12-14 inchers. No shots fired, looking for bigger. 30,000 acre ranch bordered by 11,000 acres of state and blm land. All is accessible from major highway and county road. Saw 146 goats on public land. Several nice 12-14 inch bucks. Never saw one person hunting. Some were within 1/2 mile from road others 2 miles but none were visible from the road.
Point is….. all the “hunters” who say there are no antelope left should maybe park the truck and walk over the hill.
Good luck to all!
I could see 3-4 hundred sitting in my truck on public land from one spot this morning. That's about the shittiest pronghorn hunting in that particular spot I've ever seen. Was an excellent morning though, crystal clear no heat waves until about 10. Lots of bucks nothing over mid 70's.

Good luck to all!

Curious on what region you are a biologist in.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back