Model 70

tikkaman

I got a rare to me model 70 the other day ,lightweight carbine 20 inch barrel 270 all I can find on it is they were made four years 1984 thur 1987.

I have one. Cost me $179 plus $20 rebate from Winchester, however nearly simultaneously they filed chapter 11 and I don't think I ever recieved the rebate. Oh well. It's a shooter.

Congrats. 270 is one of my all time favorites and if I ever get to shoot my M70 I might like it too.

I needed a .270 like a hole in the head, but I traded for a 90s model, model 70 synthetic stock and it is an great shooter, with Hornady 130 American Whitetail. I took the old scope off and put a 10x on it, free-floated the barrel, and adjusted the trigger to 3 pounds and am waiting for the weather to get better to test it again.

I would prefer to sell it, before I get too attached and start loading for it, but we will see.

I've got a M70 Ranger in 270Win that has a push fed action. I wish Winchester would go back to the push fed action instead of the useless crf action.

I have one in 22-250 love that gun, shot a lot of bobcats and coyotes with it it’s really hard on fox however.

I think I’ve mentioned my imprinted attraction to the m70 before. They’re what I’ve almost always hunted with. A 270 m70 is just good hunting karma. You should feed it just like it’s one of your own.

That's a less common rifle for sure!

Never had a push feed 70 that wouldn't shoot well. They are absolute bargains.

My most recent firearm is a Winchester 70 "Ranger" in 7RM. Cleaner than a whistle, never had been out of the stock, because the action was mechanically locked into the stock with there factory super-glue bedding. Trigger pull was a gritty 10 pounds.

After spending a night in the deep freeze, a few wacks with a rubber mallet broke it free. Trigger is a now decent, and just need a day off with good weather to let it bark.

Luckily made it thru a pre 64 urge...just couldn't reconcile the premium cost. Bought a nice Kimber Classic 300 Win Mag for at least half what the pre's were asking...no regrets.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back