MLB Playoffs!

Rivera still has incredible stuff.

Agreed. What's more amazing is that the batter, manager, and 40,000 fans in the stadium all know what pitch he's going to throw and where he's going to throw it (especially to lefties) yet it is still nearly unhittable. Oddly, though I hate the Yankees I have a great appreciation for Mo.

The pipefitter analogy for Thome is perfect. Likely my favorite non-career Twin of this era.

I can't believe my Rays are sucking ass so bad......What in the hell....There has been some pretty good pitching going from some of the other teams though...Halladays game was pretty sweet to watch

Any ND guys wanna swing by Smalls' house and drop off a casserole and make sure he's doing alright?

C'mon...if hes a true Minnesota fan (or from Minnesota) it is a "hotdish", not a casserole :D

I'm from (and back to) the Red River Vally of Nodak... so yeah, I drown my sorrows in hotdish with a side of jello/whipped cream. It is also nearing lefse, krumkake, and rummegrat season.

The Twins are really underperforming their Pyth against those pinstriped bastards.

It saddened me that Cox was knocked out of the playoffs. I have a great admiration for his generation of managers (Sparky Anderson, Tom Kelly, Lasorda, etc). They all remind of guys who should just be buried with their cleats on.

GIANTS, GIANTS, GIANTS---we should've swept da braves and I was so hoping we would, cuz I hate them with a passion---well now it's on to face the phillies--should be a great series---GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!

I'm rooting for the Giants, but I think the Phils take it in 5 or 6, but never winning by more than two runs...if Zito pitches, my prediction doesn't count. :D

Interesting fact….those SOBs from NY have a payroll of $150MM MORE than the Rangers. Largest discrepancy in post season history. They won 5 more games in the regular season than did the Rangers so to get where they both are the team-I-refuse-to-name from NY paid $30MM for each of those wins :eek:

NY - “Wouldn’t it be Great if we bought # 28” :rolleyes:

The primary reason I am now for the Rangers is Nolan Ryan! The franchiswe was bank rupt and some big wig wanted to buy them and move the franchise. Ryan put a group together, bought them in bankruptcy court, kept them at home and then went out and signed Clift Lee....hell yeah!
Is it just me, arightwingnut, or did anyone else notice TBS doing their best on three or four close ups of Nolan Ryan at Game One do their best to keep us from noticing who was sitting beside him???

Oswalt has had our # for yrs, that guy is lights out when he pitches against us and he did it again, but a split in Philly is good for us---now we need to win at least 2 at home, but our offense needs to pick up tremendously to make that happen.....

I'm glad Texas is two games away from knocking off the Yankees and headed to the World Series for the first time. I hope they can pull it off.

I hate rooting for the Giants, but it's better than the alternative....

That's me right now but in the AL.
I either root for the team I've hated since I started watching the game, or the team that's going to be the hardest for the M's to get around in the next couple years.

GIANTS, GIANTS GIANTS .....great pitching by Cain and Cody, the bomb, Ross comes thru again------up 2-1 and it will be interesting to see if Philly uses Doc to pitch in game 4 tomorrow evening......chris