Mlb 2016

beagle001

Hey guys and gals!

Anyone else ready for the regular season to start? Excited to see how the season shapes up after the crazy free agent year.

Been doing lots of fantasy baseball prep and drafts.

So anyone else excited?

Yep.Hoping the Red Sox are competitive this year.Still have concerns about their rotation even with Price.

Luckily the offense should be pretty good, and that bullpen should be one of the best. If E-Rod gets the pitch-tipping under control, he should be good, and Porcello can't possibly be any worse.

Giants all the way! He'll it's an even year! Red Sox, not with the fat man on third:) best thing the Giants did was Not resign him!

Can't wait. In KC early April for business and hoping to catch a Royals vs Mets game. Of course I will be pulling for the Cards again this season.

I am a Giants fan and happy to see the moves they made in the off season. The wife and I will be at the Rockies home opener this year, it should be fun. One of the only games that the Rockies sell out, unless the Yankees are in town.

Have fun with the Jays bats this year lol. Both Jose and Edwin are playing for contacts so you will see even more production from them. Though I would like to see the Jays move Edwin for a pitcher.

I'm not looking forward to it as much as usual. My team (Cardinals) did not do a whole lot in the off season, plus there's the question mark as to Molina's thumb and now the starting SS is out for 3 months and one of the starting pitchers had TJ surgery in the off season. I think they'll be competitive, but it'll be a long uphill battle to win the division for this year. Then there's the scary potential that the Cubs have for this year... If StL can't win the division I just hope it's ANYONE other than the Cubs..

I am a Reds fan so I'm not looking forward to the season with the exception of watching some of the young players develop and see what we have to build on.

Cardinals fan here also, It will be a battle this year with the cubs and pirates that's for sure. I like the move of holliday to 1B. I am not too worried about losing our SS and pitcher. Yes it is a big blow but the Cards have the best farm system in the league. Glad to see Heyward gone too much money for old talent same when Albert was gone. We will see the post season if its not through winning the division but a wildcard. Was crazy top three teams in all of the mlb last season came out of the NL Central!!! Go Cards!!!!

I understand his age but the money and years he was asking was not worth the money to me. Yes he is a good player but he was drafted in 2007 I want to say and the percentage of players who play for 20 seasons is less than 5% and I think 5 is even high to say. So this being his 9th season since drafted and adding 8 more to a huge contract isn't worth it. Soon you will end up with a Albert who is now just an avg player with a big paycheck. For me I am glad we didn't spend the money on him.

Jamen- You are more optomistic than I am, but I'll still root for 'em and watch as much as I can. Moving Holiday to 1B is a good move as it allows more room, in what is a crowded outfield. Unfortunately less so since the loss of Taveras...

I would have been Okay with giving the $$ to Heyward. Much more so that I am of giving Mike Leake $80mil/5yrs. He's older, a pitcher, and never won more than 14 in a season...

I think part of my pessimism is I feel that they could have done more this off season. But, if the starting pitching and Molina stay healthy I feel they have a chance at another division title. Those are some big IFs...

You can't see it but I'm making a wanking motion towards all the Card fans in here.

I'm just happy to watch the King take the bump every fifth day.

The Red Sox's can keep Price. The Jays are a playoff team and we don't need someone who cant pitch when it counts

I did not like the Leake deal at all. I mean yes if we are to burn money I'd rather it been for heyward. But what is done is done and now we will go out and do what we do best win games.

You can't see it but I'm making a wanking motion towards all the Card fans in here.

I'm just happy to watch the King take the bump every fifth day.

f9345b5a-7fb5-32da-bbc8-8c73f9121f9c

Lots of NL Central fans here. I'm a Brewers fan myself, and I'm more excited this year about the team than I have been since 2012. Now I'm not excited thinking that they are going to be good, but excited because Stearns is the man and I am loving the rebuild so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back