Yeti GOBOX Collection

Colorado 2023... here we go!

• Thread starter Deleted member 52098
  • Start date
So if the tag cuts are 90% why would the remaining 10% rush to return their tags if they draw? Yes, the number of animals dropped significantly, but so did the competition for those that survived.
Because it ceases to be an easy, target rich hunt and becomes a search for any animals at all. Maybe trophy quality remains, or maybe it doesn't, but many people applying for a high population hunt do not care to hunt a low population hunt.

This is the Golden year I have waited my whole hunting life for!!!! This morning I had the moment of disbelief. I got a credit card charge for Bull Moose that I have been waiting for 20+ years - Only it gets better. I drew the S73 ram tag last month, and now I drew Unit 16 Bull Moose tag, which is the East side of S73. The majority of my ram scouting will be absolutely beneficial for my moose scouting and the season dates can overlap if I want them too. I signed up for the sheep survey in August so I now I can have another 40-60 people helping me scout for my bull moose - Cheers!!!!

I have to be one of the luckiest public land hunters in North America right now.

I am having a cold beer right now and letting it all set in!!!!!!

This is the Golden year I have waited my whole hunting life for!!!! This morning I had the moment of disbelief. I got a credit card charge for Bull Moose that I have been waiting for 20+ years - Only it gets better. I drew the S73 ram tag last month, and now I drew Unit 16 Bull Moose tag, which is the East side of S73. The majority of my ram scouting will be absolutely beneficial for my moose scouting and the season dates can overlap if I want them too. I signed up for the sheep survey in August so I now I can have another 40-60 people helping me scout for my bull moose - Cheers!!!!

I have to be one of the luckiest public land hunters in North America right now.

That’s amazing man congrats. Be sure to share the story.

That’s amazing man congrats. Be sure to share the story.
Will do. I am recently retired and WAS hoping for one of these hard or statistically (you will die before you draw tags) might start coming through. For those of you whom don't know how the Colorado Weighted point system works for Sheep/Goat/Moose- If there is only a handful of tags for the unit you are applying for ---then it really boils down to the luck of the draw as the weighted point system needs more than handful of tags for the high point weighted tags holders to truly benefit.

I really did not want both tags in the same year, but when the areas overlap is this is just a pure blessing.

I am sure one of the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Society guys will tell you this is the result of good karma created by becoming a Life Member last month when I drew my Ram Tag.

Last edited:

Username checks out…

#imfrickinjealous

Congratulations!

It’s OK to hate you right?

It’s OK to hate you right?
It is! Thanks for asking!!

I have been ram scouting and found 2 shooters so far. I am meeting with one of last years tag holders this Friday whom said he hunted the Monarch of the unit for 21 days was never able to get him in position at a reasonable shooting distance during the season. Next week I am taking part in the sheep survey and hope to find a couple of other potential shooters. I am pretty sure after the sheep survey I will be scrambling to get my eyes on some of the other trophies before the season opens on 9/5. One of the obstacles of this unit, is that you really need to spend a couple of days watching over each basin or ravine and it takes 4-8 hours to get into good sheep country.

On the moose front, I found out that I will only see moose on my way upto sheep country. The great news is that I have access to an area where 2 monster bulls have been harvested in the last 4 years, but this area of land only starts seeing the bulls when the rut gets going in October.

For now I am in full sheep mode and grinning ear to ear.

It is! Thanks for asking!!

I have been ram scouting and found 2 shooters so far. I am meeting with one of last years tag holders this Friday whom said he hunted the Monarch of the unit for 21 days was never able to get him in position at a reasonable shooting distance during the season. Next week I am taking part in the sheep survey and hope to find a couple of other potential shooters. I am pretty sure after the sheep survey I will be scrambling to get my eyes on some of the other trophies before the season opens on 9/5. One of the obstacles of this unit, is that you really need to spend a couple of days watching over each basin or ravine and it takes 4-8 hours to get into good sheep country.

On the moose front, I found out that I will only see moose on my way upto sheep country. The great news is that I have access to an area where 2 monster bulls have been harvested in the last 4 years, but this area of land only starts seeing the bulls when the rut gets going in October.

For now I am in full sheep mode and grinning ear to ear.
I’ve been putting in for moose for 23 years…if you find you need help packing one out give me a shout, I’d help.

I’ve been putting in for moose for 23 years…if you find you need help packing one out give me a shout, I’d help.
Appreciate the offer and might take you up on it, depending where I start locating the bulls. I have a bunch of people on the lookout for me and some bowhunters that say the routinely see some good bulls while elk hunting in the unit. I will keep you posted!

I wonder how many guys are going to be disappointed when they show up hoping to buy Grand Mesa archery tags OTC.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back