Yeti GOBOX Collection

Mexico Coues Deer Hunt

AZ402

I know this isn't buy,sell or trade but figured it'd get more traffic here.

I had a guy call me about coues deer hunts that people had recently backed out on. I'm don't really now the guy that well or the ranch quality. It's to short of notice for me but figured if someone was interested it's a really good deal.

I guess shoot me a PM and I'll relay you the info I was given. The hunt is guided and includes all license and fees for the tag and gun.

If an admin wants to take this down I completely understand.

Do I get to keep the gun after the hunt? :)

Wish I could swing the time off, sounds like it could be a fun trip.

I'd love to go for it, but I'm still coming down from my late November AZ coues' hunt.

--Bill

CouesDeerHunt029-1-1.jpg

DSCN4046.jpg

..don't think I've seen a live whitetail this year with a head like that coues WFG...congrats.

Well, a good friend from southern AZ has been telling me to put in for AZ coues for a few years. So I sold enough elk sheds last May to put in and drew my 3rd choice. Since my friend drew the same hunt in a different unit, he showed me a few places on a map to scout. Me and my hunting partner from NM made our way to AZ three days before Thanksgiving so we could do some scouting. All we saw were doe, spikes, and one fork in three days. On opening morning we glassed up a bunch of doe and spikes when some guys decided to roll their camp into where we were glassing from so we headed over a couple ridges. Saw this buck cross over a ridge at 500 yards, waited about a half hour or so before we contoured around to find him again. We were about half way to where he crossed and saw him a few hundred yards to the left with a few more deer. When we worked our way up to the skyline where he crossed we glassed him bedded at 253 yards. A doe saw us, got up and moved in front of him. Then the other bucks got up looking our way. I got ready and when the standing deer ran, he stood up and I put him back down into his bed. I honestly didn't know how big he was until I got up to him and he definately didn't suffer from any ground shrink. I never really had a chance to get a good look at his antlers, I think he grew the 2 extra points on his left side when between the time when the bullet hit him, and he hit the ground.
Then next day my buddy from NM killed a nice buck we glassed from the same spot we saw this buck from.

--Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back