Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Medicine bow forest game retrieval

Well when you get older remember that. and lets see if you still feel that way when you get older.

2 of us spent over 10 hours packing my Bull out last year, lets see if you can still do that at 62.
Yes

I will remember that. I'm 52 now and my brother who I hunt with is 57 and we still hunt where most others will not go. We have packed out 4 elk in the last 7 years without tearing
up the countryside using an ATV.
I refuse to be part of the problem of ATV users ruining the hills by not staying on already established roads. On the contrary they are making their own roads because they are just plain LAZY. :W:

IMO. it is mostly done by younger people out trail riding where they shouldn't be. in the summer time.

Not the case in this part of the country. That goes for ATV's and pick-ups traveling off-road or on closed roads.

Hey Fat A$$ES on your ATVs - go ahead and walk that last 100 yards. It's really not that bad or worse than the first 100.

Guys on ATVs have no idea how much game they don't see due to the noise from the machines.

buckykm1,

I agree, ATV's have their place...on legal roads and nowhere else except the back of a truck or on a trailer.

I think you're blind if you believe that its only a handful of people break off-road rules with ATV's...if that was the case, I wouldn't have to spend several days a year posting and restoring areas that have illegal use going on. I also wouldn't likely see it nearly every day I spend time in the woods.

Also, the same can be said of poaching, its not a few guys out there looking for meat. There are various reports, documents, etc. that have been posted here on hunttalk that claim the illegal taking of wildlife may be equal to, or even exceed, the legal take.

I believe the ATV issue may be real similar...its not just a few bad apples.

Spot on!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back