Man!!!

phutch30

I think half the US is in Dillon right now. Place is such a zoo around the opener.

It is a giant cluster of 13 & 7! I've seen more ATVs and side by sides today than I knew existed (not knocking them just stating that there are a shit ton of them). 1 was a 4 seater about the same size as a midsized truck!

Looks like I need to revamp my plans and consider fishing & drinking beer this weekend instead

Last edited:
One of my fondest opening day memories was while I was getting fuel at the Dillon town pump at ~3 in the morning on the rifle opener. A four door diesel drove by on Montana St with a dude hanging out of each rear window, puking their guts out. They couldn't have been more synchronized if they tried.

The driver didn't even slow down, just kept on driving. I bet they got 'their' elk.

One of my fondest opening day memories was while I was getting fuel at the Dillon town pump at ~3 in the morning on the rifle opener. A four door diesel drove by on Montana St with a dude hanging out of each rear window, puking their guts out. They couldn't have been more synchronized if they tried.

The driver didn't even slow down, just kept on driving. I bet they got 'their' elk.

I just lol'd. That is amazing.

Sorry I didn't stop and talk. We were running a little late.

I think as one final step to get a hunting license hunter education courses should require all students to spend the Friday night before the opener in any isolated watering hole across the west. You don't even have to drink, just observe and enjoy the show. A cultural experience like no other.

Ive seen WI, Utah, ID, MN,ND and CA plates so far not even counting all the out of county MT plates. Been a steady stream of "Where da elk at" people into the office today.lol

Ive seen WI, Utah, ID, MN,ND and CA plates so far not even counting all the out of county MT plates. Been a steady stream of "Where da elk at" people into the office today.lol

The FS office is pretty silent down on my end of town. They must have sign up that says "Go talk to the BLM 'cause we don't know s**t" :D

Next week everyone will be crying that the wolves ate all the elk. This week its "ive got a bad hip and have always wanted to shoot a giant bull...where can I do that without walking to far" or "wheres a easy place to shoot an elk thats not too steep?"

Next week everyone will be crying that the wolves ate all the elk. This week its "ive got a bad hip and have always wanted to shoot a giant bull...where can I do that without walking to far" or "wheres a easy place to shoot an elk thats not too steep?"

This strangely sounds like one of our phone conversations about mid november.

You should see the campers and motor homes out south of Glasgow. I drove down to Bone trail from Glasgow and there are spots that look like a KOA.

Nemont

A couple friends and I went to the 30th Annual Ennis Hunters Feed competition, tons of older hunters and some younger ones there, lots of hunting traffic heading south.

I am chilied out. I had a great pheasant chili with white beans, black beans and hominy, going to have to make that. The Mule Deer Foundation had the next best, in my taste bud opinion. But, it was humorous hearing all the chomping at the bit conversation for rifle season and trailers with atvs everywhere.

Traveling from Ennis to Bozeman today - public land near the Madison River had become a mass last minute sight-in circus. Guys pulled off everywhere blazing away. Pretty amazing, the amount of fancy camo worn to sight rifles in along a highway....... The industry is doing well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back