PEAX Equipment

Looking to put together trip to colorado OTC

bluetick555

Looking to set up hunt for archery in Colorado this September with OTC tag. Looking for either a small group of guys to join with or another hunter interested in doing a do it yourself hunt. I've recently moved from WI to KY and looking for some hunting parters. Any interest anyone???

I think I will be doing CO OTC elk in the rifle season of November, so I will not be of much help. Good luck with that. Hope you find some good bulls.

Welcome to the forum.

Don't be afraid to look low for elk. This photo was taken on BLM land at about 7,000 feet on July 3rd. In some places, the elk never go high. It really depends on the unit you are hunting.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 213
I'll be back hunting Co. next year.It can be tough finding partners that will follow thru with plans from here in the east.Last year, I had 3 bail out so I went alone.Find someone to go in the draw with you on an easy to draw tag.That way, they have a license well ahead of time and less likely to bail at the last minute
If you can't find anyone, then go it alone.Its a trip you won't regret.Study maps where you want to go.then call the local biologist in that area to get his take on good areas.Go at the end of season when they are MORE vocal; it will help locating them alot easier.GOOD LUCK

Lets Chat

My son and his friend have had to bail out of our trip this September because of work in California - which is hard to come by - so I am now planning on going alone which I have done for numerous years but I have a new wife, 7 years that is really not thrilled with that idea. I have researched and scouted an area now for three months in Northern Colorado that has great deer and elk that I have seen personally. I was in the woods just this last weekend and am very confident on the success of my hunt. Just wish I had a deer tag for Unit 6 regions! So if you are interested in discussing drop me a note at my email - listed in my profile and let’s chat – I have no problem in sharing locations but am a bit choosey about my partners and their hunting style. This is bow season and the area I am hunting is over the counter – there are no bear tags available for this hunt or left over deer tags and unfortunately, there are both in the area in great numbers. I am looking to go up the evening of the 3rd of September and not returning until September 20th unless I fill my tags. If interested drop me a line. Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back