Caribou Gear

Look at this griz

drahthaar

Love the colors, I would do a full body mount

lostmare014.jpg

lostmare016.jpg

Is that a trail camera? The picture is fantastic, if so what model was it?

thats an understatement... what is the trigger time and the cost you think you have it it all said and done? I always thought about making a home brew one but never did but after seeing those pictures it makes me interested again

Cost will depend on what you can get a working camera for off ebay. If you try hard you can get an S600 for $50. Right now, things are spendy due to everyone freaking out over season drawing near and are paying stupid prices just to get cams built.
The rest of the stuff can be bought as a kit from Whitetail supply for $115, that is a board, a pre-drilled case, glass, foam, zorb-it, pipe, and a python lock to secure it to a tree. I have several of these kits. But I usually get a different case to hold 2 extra C batteries for extended camera life.
Or you can get a board called a Yeti board for $40, which works very well with the S600. Faster trigger, 2-2.5 seconds(the s600 has an extending lens, so it is slower). I don't get hung up on trigger time so much. Proper setup can compensate for the slowest cams. What I like about homebrews over commercial cams, is the quicker time between pictures. The Yeti can be set for 10 sec, 20, 30, 1min, 10 min, whatever you want. Whereas commercial cams are mostly 1 minute between pics. That is an eternity in the woods. Anyway, if you get a yeti board, then you can just order the parts from whitetailsupply.com. case(25.50), glass,(5.00), pipe(5.00), zorbit(3.00), foam(2.00), lock(15.00). And you can order the wide angle fresnel lens from yeti and the corresponding standoffs for the board, that will help the cameras with extending lenses. Either way, its pretty cheap for a trail cam of that quality. And yes, there is a big difference when it comes to zooming in a 4.1 mp picture and a 6.0, it has helped me several times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back