MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Little Blackfoot Meadows - Montana

Beartooth83

Trying to narrow down some options. I'm wondering what the hunting pressure is like in this area during archery season. I won't even think about it during rifle season. It looks like the elk numbers in this area are at or above objectives, and I recall hearing lots of bugles on a late august family hike here a few years ago. Just have not had an opportunity to hunt it yet. Any experiences here anyone would be willing to share?

It's a really busy place. Lots of foot hunters and even more horsemen. Be prepared for grizzly 'rasslin too.

We used to hunt it back about 10 years ago. Never did take an elk out of there, but we did have our encounters. Definately not a place to get away from people. Hunted it one time during rifle season, and will never go back. That place was a zoo!

Sorry, but I don't have any recent trips into the area to tell you what the pressure is like now.

I 2nd the "that place is a zoo" comment. I drove in there during rifle season one year and was amazed at the number of wall tents set up all along the road going in. I drove in once, saw too many two legged critters and haven't been back.

There's a lot of people in that area from the first Saturday in September to the last Sunday of November.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back