Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Lifelong hunter in Northern Cal.

Birdman707

Hello all! I'm an avid upland bird hunter and big game hunter. Just moved from Lassen County, CA to Del Norte County, CA. Not much for upland birds around here so getting back in to water fowling. I grew up hunting the X Zones in Northeast Cal along with out of state hunts in Utah and Colorado every other year for the last 20 years. Glad to be here!

Hello all! I'm an avid upland bird hunter and big game hunter. Just moved from Lassen County, CA to Del Norte County, CA. Not much for upland birds around here so getting back in to water fowling. I grew up hunting the X Zones in Northeast Cal along with out of state hunts in Utah and Colorado every other year for the last 20 years. Glad to be here!
Welcome, spent a lot of time hunting B and X myself over the years. High Desert to Pelican Bay transfer?

Welcome! Del Norte County is beautiful. I’m from Humboldt County myself. You may be able to find some quail hunting. I know B2 has mountain quail running around the hills. Grey Squirrel are a lot of fun to hunt, we use to carry a side x side .410 for quail and squirrels during deer season. Waterfowl is tough in the tidal water. Great luck!

If you’re a waterfowl hunter, always fun to cruise the shores of the lagoons in a canoe for ducks! Bald Hills for blacktails. Elk are scattered all over Del Norte County…probs drawing it!

If you’re a waterfowl hunter, always fun to cruise the shores of the lagoons in a canoe for ducks! Bald Hills for blacktails. Elk are scattered all over Del Norte County…probs drawing it!
Very hard to draw. Half mile down the road from the house.....and no chance to draw.....anytime soon.

Attachments

• image0 (4).jpeg
    image0 (4).jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Welcome! Del Norte County is beautiful. I’m from Humboldt County myself. You may be able to find some quail hunting. I know B2 has mountain quail running around the hills. Grey Squirrel are a lot of fun to hunt, we use to carry a side x side .410 for quail and squirrels during deer season. Waterfowl is tough in the tidal water. Great luck!
Sure thing.....I've spotted a few quail up in the hills. Its just so dang thick and over ran with poison oak that Im not to sure hunting them would be worth two or three weeks of agony....lol

Sure thing.....I've spotted a few quail up in the hills. Its just so dang thick and over ran with poison oak that Im not to sure hunting them would be worth two or three weeks of agony....lol

Welcome to HT

I have the same curse. Grew up hunting in B6. There were some patches of poison oak that bambis dad could have been standing in and I would have let him walk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back