Yeti GOBOX Collection

Leupold rocks!

ashersdad

Just wanted to give a shout out to Leupold. I have the Leupold® RX-1000i TBR Compact Rangefinder with DNA and this last week when mtn goat hunting with my brother the bottom half that tells you the range started going really dim. Got to the point where I could hardly see it when it pulled up the range. Put in new batteries and same result.

Emailed Leupold and they said to ship it in to them. I told them I lived in the Portland area and could drop it off if that was all right. No problem. So Tuesday this week I dropped it off. I had to fill out a work order and it asks when you need it back. I put down 48 hours as I'm heading back goat hunting tomorrow. The lady said that would probably not happen but she would personally take it down to the repair shop and see what they could do. Long story short, they called me today and said it was done and I could pick it up. I asked what the problem was, and the guys says, "I don't know, you're getting a new one". WOW! Now I have had that range finder for a few years and used it a ton. Never abused it, but used it a lot. To have a company not only stand by their product, but also help a guy out in a time crunch says alot.

I will definitely continue to use Leupold products as they have definitely earned my business.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that. A great company with some of the greatest people in the industry.

In addition to their great customer service, they are the benchmark for companies donating back to hunting and conservation. I can confidently say that none of their optics competitors are close to the level of investment Leupold makes in conservation and hunting organizations. Maybe it is a difference between a family held company like Leupold and publicly traded companies. Maybe it is a difference between American-based companies and foreign based companies. Maybe it is a difference between companies who are primarily camera companies and those who are hunting companies at their core, as is Leupold.

Whatever the reason, I am very proud of our relationship with Leupold and the type of company they strive to be. In addition to them making some really great optics.

I've always been a Leupold fan. I was kind of surprised this summer when my sons were racing motocross at Washougal that one of the sponsors of the races was Leupold, another pleasant surprise from a great company.

Great to hear about excellent customer service :). Their gear is popular down here in New Zealand too.

Good to hear about that kind of service. I've had a Leupold VX2 2-7 on my 7mm mag since 1979 and have never had any problems.
Great American company!
:D

Wish I could say I have had the same experience with some of my past optic purchases. Most notable was Pentax. At the time it was the most $$$$ I had ever spent on any optics. New bino's, less than six months old, and they did more luggage time than they did field time. Fogged up. When I sent them back, Pentax refused to fix them and 'offered' me the purchase of a set of refurbished for 80% of my original purchase price !

Needless to say that was my last experience with them. :mad:

As an owner of 8 leupold scopes from FX, to VX2 to Vari-XIII, and VX3; some with with no dials, some with CDS and an M-1 I can say with great confidence they are a fantastic option for optics.

Thanks for sharing. I only use Leupold scopes now and have had great luck with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back