Leupold Range Finder Warranty?

hoffamania89

Hi - does anyone have experience with Leupold and their warranty on range finders or other electronics?

The reason I am asking is that I recently sent in my Rx-1000i because the display was half washed out unless you used it in the dark or had a black back ground. I received an email from their service today stating its outside of its warranty period and that I have 2 options;
Option 1.) We can return the original unit back to you.
Option 2.) As a courtesy, we can offer a substantial discount on a replacement. This offer is valid for any current model Leupold Rangefinder

Just seems different than other experiences that I have read about. For the record I have not yet replied to their email.

I have sent one in three times under warranty. None of them were really pleasant experiences. I've write about it elsewhere on here. You could call and plead your case.

I had a Leopold rangefinder, I think it was an rx-500 or something like that, and the entire display completely went out. I boxed it up sent it to them and within a week had a brand new rangefinder show up in the mailbox that was a step up from the one I sent. I think it was an rx-650 they sent in return. No charge for anything. Don’t know why or how but I didn’t argue! Hope they treat you right.

Your experience is similar to others I have heard. Very rarely I hear a story of someone who received a brand new unit. Leupold only warranties rangefinder and electronics for 2 years. I think this is the one area where vortex has leupold beat, vortex lifetime warranty includes their range finders.

I will attest that their warranty on non-electronic optics is very good. I just received a brand new pair of BX-4 binos after sending in an old pair of BX-3's that had broken.

I had a Leopold rangefinder, I think it was an rx-500 or something like that, and the entire display completely went out. I boxed it up sent it to them and within a week had a brand new rangefinder show up in the mailbox that was a step up from the one I sent. I think it was an rx-650 they sent in return. No charge for anything. Don’t know why or how but I didn’t argue! Hope they treat you right.
My identical experience. Same rangefinder and issue, was about three years ago.

All the Leupy rangefinders I know of eventually lose half the display, then they go away completely. No warranty on the electronics. I switched to a nikon arrow ID vr.

I just sent in a 850 and they sent me a1300 in return no questions asked.

I've not yet found any company to warranty electronics beyond a specified amount of time. I wouldn't expect a laser rangefinder to become a family heirloom to be used for generations like some equipment, but I do expect it to last significantly longer than 2 years.

If Vortex does give a good warranty on their rangefinders, they may be worth a look. Up until now, I've been using the $100 cheapies and treating them as disposable. Though to be fair, I'm just on my 2nd one in 10 years.

I had an Rx-650 that washed out on me the week before a big hunt, I called Leupold about it, and like mentioned above, it was over 2 years old and outside their warrenty, they gave me a 60% discount on any rangefinder of my choice, and i picked up a 1200 TBI, which was then promplty stolen a couple months later...I gave up on them and picked up a Vortex 1800, I really do like the vortex, and they've treated me well, so I'll stay loyal, but dang that Leuppy 1200 was awesome

I've had 3 Leupold range finders. The first 2 worked for several years and then started to peter out. Maybe it's because I'm close enough to stop in at their headquarters but with both of them I left them to be repaired and ended up being given a new one. That's happened twice now and both the replaced ones were several years old. Sorry your experience was different.

Take a nice discount on a better one with good ratings. Then sell it for a great price and roll that money over for a nice Vortex or something comparable. Someone gets a great price on a nice rangefinder that they maybe couldn't afford otherwise and you get a different brand to experience and try out.

No, I have never used a warranty for scopes or something like that. I have changed the scope jut once, but not because the old one broke. it was simply not enough to hunt at night and I decided to buy a new night vision digital scope for the night deer hunt. My choice fell on PARD NV-008 ager reading the article about the top day/night scopes for rifles. it is quite light and its battery life is long enough. the quality is also very good. I am really happy that I read that review before choosing something.

I used their warranty for an older RX model that would not display past 30 yards. I returned it and within a week had a brand new upgraded model with no questions asked. I have never had a bad experience with Leupold.

I had an old model, can’t remember which one. Long story short it no longer worked after many years of hard use. Contacted them, they offered me something like 80% off a newer version. So I got the new one.

not bad, in my opinion, since I couldn’t seem to find any proof of purchase, and I had accidentally tossed the rangefinder in the trash the week before.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fossil Ridge
Back